Ready to install stove/sink combo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft
I am starting to work on renovating my 13-Scamp which was stripped and used for fiber-optic lines previously. beginning with the Stove/Sink, I purchased a non-scamp intact counter/backsplash/stove/sink from an early '80's Palomino pop-up. Other than flipping it (see pix) left to right, anyone have examples of using similar equipment from other RV's w/ success. I wish i could go stock but $ching is tight.
Click image for larger version

Name:	stovesink.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	28893
Daverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
[quote]I am starting to work on renovating my 13-Scamp which was stripped and used for fiber-optic lines previously. beginning with the Stove/Sink, I purchased a non-scamp intact counter/backsplash/stove/sink from an early '80's Palomino pop-up. Other than flipping it (see pix) left to right, anyone have examples of using similar equipment from other RV's w/ success. I wish i could go stock but $ching is tight.
Attachment 28893

I think you can use anything you find that you like and will fit, I dont tend to stick with original, I prefer to do my own thing.

I am also in Minnesota working on a 13' burro.

Scott
Scott B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I think you can use anything you find that you like and will fit, I dont tend to stick with original, I prefer to do my own thing.

I am also in Minnesota working on a 13' burro.

Scott
I'm with Scott. Usually not impressed with a trailer that's "original." Like the old saying "You've come a long way baby," there's so many great, functional modifications to be made to these trailers. I'd rather be comfortable and enjoy something that hadn't even been manufactured at the time my trailer was built. The secret is to use quality new parts and make "professional" modifications.

I think your stove/sink combo is neat!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

[quote]I purchased a non-scamp intact counter/backsplash/stove/sink from an early '80's Palomino pop-up.

Attachment 28893

That is so Cool!

I can envision turning the kitchen cabinet into a low bench that would enable making the bed bigger! That Kitchen could hang on supports glassed into the wall or be movable to function outside the trailer, too. That would be the best of both worlds!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
That is so Cool!

I can envision turning the kitchen cabinet into a low bench that would enable making the bed bigger! [b]That Kitchen could hang on supports glassed into the wall or be movable to function outside the trailer, too. That would be the best of both worlds!
now we're cookin with propane! I like how you think. Thanks to all for the encouragement.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
While the concept of a mobile kitchen sounds great, I think plumbing it up (with both gas and water) for multiple locations would be very tricky and expensive. (In the case of the gas hookup, perhaps even dangerous considering threads here on this forum discussing flex hoses inside the trailer...)

But if you're up for it, modifying the fiberglass galley unit is not too difficult. (I found a multi-tool with oscillating head works great for cutting.) Customizing the galley top with some plywood and nice laminate can give a nice look, while at the same time hide any historical or new found ugliness.

Here's what I did recently to spruce up the galley to an old Perris Pacer:

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0065.jpg  
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Robert Johans
Nice work
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #8

nice backslash...is it stainless? really really nice...thanks for the inspiration
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I, too, have an '88 Scamp. The galley unit was in such bad shape that I pulled it out and scrapped it. If you haven't seen it before, here's what I did to replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
SMEV.jpg   CooktopSink.jpg  

Galley3.jpg  
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #10

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
I, too, have an '88 Scamp. The galley unit was in such bad shape that I pulled it out and scrapped it. If you haven't seen it before, here's what I did to replace it.
Really nice work! Just curious, where did you get the sink/stove combo? I have an electric Egg and want to upgrade to gas for my occasion dry camping.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #11

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
anyone want another of one these Palomino sink combos, got one laying in a old popup, looks just like the one pictured.. would have to fight the mice for it though!!!
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #12

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
Tom,

Darn...I need a mirror image of that one with the sink on the right. Would make the plumbing much easier because of where my sink is.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote