Rear view mirrors - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #41

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
It's actually RV Wholesalers who are taking the mirrors back--but they will return the product to the manufacturer with my feedback. RV Wholesalers has excellent customer service... they even expedited the processing of my order because I was going to be leaving for Canada and so I got the Equalizer and those mirrors delivered within 3 days at no extra charge... I am sure glad they had free shipping, because the mirrors just cost $12 to return via UPS. This is the website I mentioned had the rock-bottom price of $399 on the four-point wdh and sway control Equalizer. Not sure if they ship to Canada, but wow, it was several hundred cheaper than the local shops were selling it for.
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #42

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Quote:
I have the ones Bob posted about.

I have no qualms with the way they work, or with quality.

They just don't add much to the party.

Putting convex stick ons on my regular mirros does the same thing, and are zero maintenance... so far.
That's actually a really good point, Gina. I didn't notice that the right mirrors in particular did anything more... I could see quite well around the trailer without the tow mirrors. I think your convex sticks ons are a great idea, but aren't there laws in certain regions that one has to have tow mirrors installed when towing a trailer? Not sure if the highway patrol would consider stick-ons the same as tow mirrors, even if they work equally well... any highway patrol or police officers out there who could address that question?
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #43

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Whether convex stick-ons work depends on the specific tow vehicle and trailer.

If your mirrors do not stick out as far as the sides of the trailer, no shape of mirror will bend your line of sight around the obstructing trailer body.

If your mirrors are out far enough, but your angle of view is too narrow, convex mirrors could be a great solution.

In my case, due to the relatively wide body of my B1700 and relatively small mirrors (compared to some trucks) of my Sienna, I would need mirrors sticking out further to usefully increase my ability to see other traffic.

We discussed the legal requirements in some previous topic, but essentially the laws seem unlikely - at least to me - to ever say you need "towing mirrors": what would that mean? Instead, they set performance criteria, such as what area you need to be able to see.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote