Rear window not seated. How to fix? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Rear window not seated. How to fix?

Hi all,

I'm going to try to post a link to my video as I really don't know how to explain my window. It's been leaking since I bought my Boler last year (I had cloths down that I just changed) and I am at a loss as to how to fix it. I really want something easy and inexpensive to do as I developed some health issues shortly after I bought it last year and can't do much these days. Even though I mention it in my video (with a laugh), I live in fear of silicone after chatting on these forums though!!

My voice is very quiet and the lake is next to a noisy road but here's the link...
https://youtu.be/IJea98VcZzQ

Morgyn

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
Best to have window rebuilt, but sometimes makes sense to just put cap seal on it. Best for windows is a black urethane. The stuff is nasty to work with but does a great job. You want to make sure you wear gloves and keep it off your skin. Often need to warm it up before applying it because can be pretty thick and hard to get it out of tube and hard to tool well (putting it in hot water for a while will help soften it). You will need to clean the area good with rubbing alcohol. You will want to tape off both sides of area being sealed and be sure to remove the tape before sealant sets up. That will help it look good and keep the sealant under control as it can get away from you fast. It will hold real well but with the window flexing like that in frame it will fail sooner then later. So best to address while window has popped loose. Looks like I see a window gimp falling out on inside or something but hard to tell.hope that helps
Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 PM   #3

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Thank you! After camping in the rain all weekend with a tarp over the window, I was going to give up and silicone the bloody thing! I'll look for your suggestion instead... you wouldn't happen to know what section of a hardware store it would be in?

There are loose black gaskets bumping out all over the inside of that window. I've tried to push them back in but they just pop back out.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #4

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
I would probably get it at an auto parts store. Hardware store could have it. This is pretty good stuff: Window-Weld Black Super Fast Urethane - 3M (08609)
They probably will have a smaller tube that might be enough and that does not require a caulk gun. The cheapy caulk guns have a harder time dispensing it.
If you live in WA I could maybe help if you'd like. We did finally see some rain this weekend!! My wife was sad (she from Florida) I glad. Me from here. Need more rain.... But no fun when window leaking.