Recovering walls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler
For those of you who have recovered your walls, can you describe how you installed your covering? A previous owner had ripped out the ensolite in our Boler, and we have put up the bubble wrap insulation, and are now at the "hanging the headliner" part. I'm thinking one long strip, lengthwise, in the middle from bumper to bumper, then working our way out. Anyone have a better way? Pictures even??? I guess I'm asking where the best place to put the seams are... Our headliner is maybe 64 inches wide, to give you an idea....

I'm at a standstill... been putting this off for 3 years, but now that our son is old enough to go camping, it's time to get the Boler back in shape!!

Thank you!
Stacy
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
My camera batteries are dead so here goes. Scamp uses 72" material and they do it in 5 large pieces. It looks like they start with an empty shell. They run a piece of carpet from the front to rear corner on each side. The top edge of the piece aligns just above the edge of the roof ridge and the bottom comes about 4" from the floor behind the cabinets. They glue a 4' piece to cover the exposed lower wall. The end of the side wall pieces wrap around the inside corners of the trailer and the two ends of the side wall material need to be closer than 72" to each other on each end of the trailer. It looks like they then take a piece of 72" wide material start at the floor on the front and rear and run the material up to meet the top of the wall material. They then glue a piece of material about 24" wide to the inside the top ridge from front to back. Then they cover all joints with a 2" wide piece of fabric. I think the windows are also out when the carpet is installed.
It sounds and looks simple but I'm sure It will be quite a job.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
100_2680_2.jpg   100_2681__2_.jpg  

Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the info!! That's very helpful. I'm sure it will be a big job!!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Robert Johans is redoing a 1982 Perris Pacer, here's a post where he describes the material and the glue he used: 1982 Perris Pacer Renovation - post 13
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Robert Johans is redoing a 1982 Perris Pacer, here's a post where he describes the material and the glue he used: 1982 Perris Pacer Renovation - post 13

Thanks Donna!! We can always count on you to remember just about every post that comes through here!