Registration in Washington State - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Registration in Washington State

My trailer is registered in California as PTI "camp trailer." Does it have to be a travel trailer in Washington or can it be registered cheaper as a utility trailer? Any other options? (I changed my residency and it is here so I really need to register it here. It's more expensive but insurance will be less so that it isn't too much more.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I thnk you will need to register as a travel trailer - use + TVL on my registration. I have a 5X7 utility trailer - use = TRL. It is not going to matter too much. My 1942 utility cost $18.75 in June. My 2009 17' Casita was $36.75 last October. Both include the $3 filing fee. So, even thugh the Casita is twice the utility, the dollar amount is not worth an argument.

I do not know what the transfer fees are or if you will need to get WSP inspection for an out-of-state vehicle (you used to for cars). The folks at the County Auditors office will take good care of you (ecept on Friday when they are closed).

Dave
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It was previously registered in Washington so hopefully all will be well. (And not a ten month ordeal like it took to register it in California when I bought it.)

California distinguishes between trailer- rv and camp trailer but I can't remember what it was registered as in Washington before. Probably Travel Trailer.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
Bobbie, In the USE box, mine says TVL, next box is MOD-YR, 1977, and then MAKE, Boler. The fun part is at the bottom, total fees $64.00. That includes a parks fee. Come to think of it, I paid $42 for parks this year, not including camp outs. But hey, it is way worth it.
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
registration