Registration Numbers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2003, 10:00 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registration Numbers

I've aquired an older 13' Scamp trailer, and would like to re-register it, unfortunately, I'm having a little difficulty finding the registration numbers on it. I was told at the motorvehical branch office, that it would likely be on the chasis, I've looked, but no such luck, however, I did locate a sticker on the side, near the door, with RV numbers, and VIN numbers, but nothing about the year.
Is there another location for this?:shg

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Orginally posted by Tim Conners

I've aquired an older 13' Scamp trailer, and would like to re-register it, unfortunately, I'm having a little difficulty finding the registration numbers on it. I was told at the motorvehical branch office, that it would likely be on the chasis, I've looked, but no such luck, however, I did locate a sticker on the side, near the door, with RV numbers, and VIN numbers, but nothing about the year.
Is there another location for this?:shg
Have you checked with Scamp? I would think they would be able to look it up from the VIN using their database.

:wave Welcome to FiberglassRV

Old 07-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #3

Hi
This may seem strange,but just register it as a utility trailer.My old Boler is.:wave

Old 07-02-2003, 06:54 AM   #4

Mines on the tongue on a metal plate. I've heard of others having it stamped on, in the tongue area, but filled with paint because of years of use. also inside the closet door seems to be a good spot for a paper lable. Course calling Scamp is always a good idea.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #5

VIN Location

The VIN number on my Scamp is stamped into the tongue, on the top of the curb side frame member just bebind the coupler.

Once you find the VIN, it may be very easy to figure out the year. On VIN numbers with 17 digits, the 10th digit represents the year. See http://home.wxs.nl/~fransang/yearcode.html to decode the year.

If you can not find the VIN, gather any and all information you have about the trailer. An old license plate will be very helpful. Any paperwork you have on the trailer helps, and also the previous owners name and address might be helpful also. Take whatever information you have to the motor vehicle people, and they can probably issue a license for the trailer.

I've done a bit of research into decoding Scamp VIN number. Someday (soon, I hope) I'll post this information to my web site.

-- Dan Meyer

Old 07-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #6

Vin Number

You're very fortunate to have found your VIN number. That is what you will need to find the year.

As was said, call Scamp with that VIN number and they should be able to help you decipher the year.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:30 AM   #7

Identifying the year.

Using the Link that Dan provided will probably do the trick. Although mine has been painted over on the tongue, I have the title. Sure enough, the tenth digit in my VIN is a K. According to Dan's link that makes it an '89. Just what the title says.

What is the 10th digit in your VIN?

Old 07-02-2003, 03:48 PM   #8

I called Scamp earlier today. I was having a similar problem. They said the id number for my 1981 would be stamped in the top of the tongue on the door side. I looked and it seems to be faintly there. I had just painted over top of it. I guess I will unpaint it so it can be verified.

Old 07-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #9

Registration Numbers

The (VIN) are: E-6-1393

These were taken off a sticker, stuck beside the left side of the door,
placed there by: The State of California. Also on this sticker are
the (RV) numbers.

The above (VIN) numbers don't even add up to 10 digits, but, I would think the last digit would mean the trailer was built in 1973, using the link the Dan provided, thanks Dan.:wave

PS) I would include a photo, as many of you did, however, it will probably take me a couple of weeks to clean off the seagull gunk, tree sap, and a few other unmentionables:crazy-ii

Tags
license, registration, title, vin