Remove Original Interior Burro Lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Remove Original Interior Burro Lights

Anyone know how to remove the original lights in the Burro without messing up the fiberglass too much?

The lights I'm referring to are the square lights on either side of the cabinets above the sink/stove. I see where they are screwed through the fiberglass with two screws each (mine have been heavily pained over on the back side). I can't quite figure out how to get to the head of the screws to take them out, there has to be a way to open these lights - I mean people had to change the light bulbs at some point right?

Any help is greatly appreciated - I tugged and pulled as much as I was comfortable with, but I worry about damaging the fiberglass.
wxmixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
covers

do yours have covers over the bulbs? my scamp had I took them off then had to remove the rivits they use to attatch the fixtures to the cabinents. Scamp like rivits!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
do yours have covers over the bulbs? my scamp had I took them off then had to remove the rivits they use to attatch the fixtures to the cabinents. Scamp like rivits!

bob
Yes there are square clear covers over the bulbs, but I don't see any way to remove them - seems like they are glued down or something. Here is a photo I found - here are some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1655.jpg   IMG_1656.jpg  

IMG_1657.jpg  
Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #4

Missouri
covers

the covers should slide off don't try to pull them off. you might try squeezing them and they will pop off. once off you will see how they are attached I took mine off and put on leds! much better light to me!

bob
Old 11-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
the covers should slide off don't try to pull them off. you might try squeezing them and they will pop off. once off you will see how they are attached I took mine off and put on leds! much better light to me!

bob
Bob, Thank you! Any clue on which way they should slide off? We have the same plans! LED all the way!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #6

Name: Rudy
Alabama
Registry
The lenses have two tabs on the top and two tabs on the bottom. Use a thin bladed screwdriver to carefully been down the top or bottom to pop the tabs off and then the bottom will come off. Then you can reach the screwheads that attach them to the wall.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #7

Missouri
covers off

if you are going leds don't worry just get them off anyway you can! this is what I did on the first one then I saw how they worked. Threw the old ones in the trash.

bob
Old 03-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #8

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Did you replace the light fixture? I'm looking for one of the switches that slide on the side that turn the light off and on.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #9

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl M View Post
Did you replace the light fixture? I'm looking for one of the switches that slide on the side that turn the light off and on.
Sheryl,

We have not taken them off yet, but will be removing them next week or the week after. Do you mean you are looking for these lights? I do not think we will have any use for them since we are planning on replacing them all together.

If you do need them send me a PM!

- Ashley

Tags
burro, lights, light