Revcon or whoever's comptuer color match is absolutely perfect! We sanded the opening between the top and bottom halves and filled it in with the mixture of cabasil and gel coat...several coats. This afternoon Tao talked with one of the Tech Reps from Revcon and he suggested that we add a layer of glass cloth to reinforce the fix...we'll do that tomorrow.
We're not sure what kind of finish we're going to put on after all this filling and sanding is done. For SURE the bellyband won't fit any more! Besides, we think that the holes the band was screwed into caused the rotting problem in the first place! Tao thinks that just the same color built-out band will look fine, but if it doesn't we can use the boat striping tape from West Marine to cover it.
Our Trill is put together like Allain's...the top and the bottom are screwed together courtesy of wood which has seen better days. The windows
were screwed into the same kind of wood..,also rotted out. We used Minwax Wood Restorer on the wood that wasn't too bad and replaced the rest of it. In fact, we ended up putting the wood frames on the outside of the ensolite so we can watch for problems and make repairs easier...we used Teak because the frames show. Ultimately we plan to make "shadow boxes" out of the frames and mount wood blinds inside...but that won't happen until long after the leaks
We did use the "hose" method to pinpoint the leaks
. Our neighbor's brother used to have a trailer repair shop and he suggested the squirting method.