Removing MOLD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Plain bleach will not remove mold.
But this stuff will http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none
Only product that I found that works. Works super in the bathroom also.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nice product.......... will have to look into it. a While back in my area the outdoor swimming pool company used to sell liquid chlorine which was about five times stronger than regular bleach which worked extremely well in my pool..... and it worked very well for other uses too. this may be on the same order.....not sure yet
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
What does it say the ingredients are?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #4

Registry
sodium hyperchlorite
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #5

Kevin.....
My cheap bleach says 6% sodium hyperchlorite and 94% other ingredients
Does your outdoor clorox tell you the % of sodium hyperchlorite and anything else?
thanks,
Joe
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #6

Registry
Joe Z
No information on % of sodium hyperchlorite. I have tryed household bleach before with NO luck. This stuff works GREAT, NO scrubing needed just spray it on wait 15 minuates then wash it off. If you still have small abouts of mold left , respray and wait 15 minuates and it will be all gone. I mixed it 1 part outdoor bleach and 2 parts water, put it in a spray bottle and let it do the work. NO lie this stuff works GREAT.
MSD Sheet here------> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=...eet&spell=1 http://www.thecloroxcompany.com/products/m...eachcleaner.pdf
Go to you tube and watch the video. Start watching at the 1 minuate mark they explain what you should do. video here --->
Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #7

I use Clorox bleach and mix it 50/50 with water and it has worked well. I always have green on the roof of the egg and on our deck of the house. I use it to get the black stuff out of the seat on the golf cart and boat.

I think the less expensive bleaches that sell at grocery stores is less potent than the Clorox brand.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just be extemely careful not to mix ANY chlorine product with anything other than water. We kinda like you folks and we'd miss you if you created a chlorine gas.
For mold, green and red... I've used Tilex successfully.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #9

Kevin K
Excellent link on the youtube newscast......... like you said at about the one minute mark they mention clorox outdoors. I forgot the word he used but is has something extra besides bleach to completely kill the mold and not just make it invisible. ( the other link wouldn't come in for me)
Joe
Old 10-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I've gotta wonder what if any are the effects on vinyl such as awnings???
I would rather use something and more elbow grease then to open my awning after a few months and see it turning into powder or seeing all the stitching disintegrate.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 AM   #11

Gerry.....
Your right on the money......... bleach would disintegrate any thread in short time. just like it does to your pants when you spill bleach on them
When diluted, Vinyl should be okay on the awning as long as the awning is electrically welded and not sewn together with thread
Joe
Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #12

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
All vinyls are not created equal or have the chemical composition...sounds impressive and I realy do not know anything about the chemical compositions of them but...I still would be carefull..I love it when then say try a test area where it wont show and...ugh!!!!there is a hole about the size of a quarter in the corner of the awning.
I just did my hot tub cover with baking soda and water and a mild brush and elbow grease and it took 90% of the black off but to kill the mold 100% I would have to do more then I did but as I see it we live in a world of mold and there is no way to avoid it just try the best we can.
I wonder how many people are actually concerned about the health factor (before reading this topic) or just the looks of it not being clean.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #13

Donna D. Read the ingredients on Tilex and then on Clorox and U will find you can make the stuff out of Clorox for just a fraction of the cost of Tilex. Same stuff just at different percentages.