Spent the last six or seven months working on my 1975 Boler
. I'm not a pro but know my windows
for having taken them apart a few times.
When I removed the black screw cover strips, I discovered that each of my double jalousie window was held by over thirty rivets. THAT was the fun part... I removed the 1/8" rivets with a 5/32" bit if I remember correctly. Then, I decided to take the window all apart by carefully removing the four vertical screws on the top part and the four vertical screws on the bottom part. You'll figure out the rest.
It took me a while to refine my rivet-removal technique. I'm very good at it now, even if I say so myself... To add to my fun, some of the rivets were steel instead of aluminum. And some of the screws that help the window parts together broke when I tried to unscrew them. I had to pry the little slot open and force them out before bending the frame in it's original position.
So if you decide that it's really what you need to do (and It might very well be), don't expect to do this job during the comercial breaks of your favorite sitcom or soap opera...
. At this point in camping season, I would probably try to make things work and redo the windows this fall
or this winter.
If you search the threads I started on this forum, you should find some titles with the rivet word in them. You'll find out about my frustrations and how I got be "with a little help from my (fgrv forum) friends".
I hope this helps.