Replace Porch Light - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
I am planning to replace the light fixture that is by the door with an AC version. I have re-wired my entire camper and will only be using the DC power for my water pump and two interior lights -- I guess that makes me an electrical only camper... Anyone else found a fixture like this?
J Troxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quote:
I am planning to replace the light fixture that is by the door with an AC version. I have re-wired my entire camper and will only be using the DC power for my water pump and two interior lights -- I guess that makes me an electrical only camper... Anyone else found a fixture like this?

I tend to find what I'm looking for on ebay.
Roy Kleiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #3

Registry
I have looked on Ebay with no results yet... but thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
If you already have 2 DC lights, one more might not be a big deal? There are good selections of standard RV porch lights, marine lights, some even flush mount (such as the airstreams use).
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #5

Registry
The DC wiring could 'handle' another light -- but I would have to rewire from across the camper. I think I am going to TRY to use a DC fixture (because they are easy to find) and then 're-do' it to make it a 110 type. That's my hope anyway -- Have a couple of buddies that will probably tell me I'm crazy--but they like challenges..
Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Maybe you could use some type of outdoor deck light ? (http://www.thedecklightstore.com) But I think that they use transformers to modify 110v down to 12v or 24v. Not sure if this is the same 12v as a battery supplies.......
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, lights, porch light