Replaced Window Crank - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #15

Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Wow wounded if my bar has thatpart m have to look once off work

Going to get the gear boxes from vintage trailer latter ordered up
Screen is pricy where I live I been waiting and trying to find old window screens to upcycle ha! Lol
I'm not shire what previous owners did to screens I swear they played tennis with them or something lol most I was able to replace spine and have fairly back to gether lol always something with Pandora !

Old 07-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #16

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Manitoba
Cheyanna83,
I took the windows out of my Ventura a few days ago and have been cleaning them and have ordered the same part online from Vintage Campers because Vintage trailer supply was all out of the rt hand version.
I just went out and looked at the set up on our trailers and was able to get at the part without taking too much apart. I think you probably should be able to do it without taking out the window again.
On the side that the crank is on, there is a piece of gray plastic that runs the height of the window.
I removed that and took out all the screws on both sides of the bottom rod only.
I then took each side of the bottom rod off the crank bar that runs the height of the window.(pic 1)
I was able to move the left hand side up towards the top of the window (pic 2) and with some wiggling got it at enough of an angle that the crank mechanism on the right side came out of place and I was able to take it out and remove it from the rod. From there it would be a simple thing to put the new one onto the rod and reverse the process to get it into place and replace the screws.
I just noticed that one of the pictures is blurry, let me know if you want a better one.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2508.jpg   IMG_2510.jpg  

Old 07-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #17

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Manitoba
When I was reading through the forums, I took note of things that applied to the Ventura and one was that we need to use the 1970s Boler Torque Bar Window Operator, part VTS-582 for our windows. I can't find the thread now but I think that is right in order to have the screw hole line up.
If you are not in a hurry, I will be getting my parts next week and can let you know if they are the right ones. It can be hard ordering online and not being able to compare first hand.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #18

Name: Emily
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia D. View Post
When I was reading through the forums, I took note of things that applied to the Ventura and one was that we need to use the 1970s Boler Torque Bar Window Operator, part VTS-582 for our windows. I can't find the thread now but I think that is right in order to have the screw hole line up.
If you are not in a hurry, I will be getting my parts next week and can let you know if they are the right ones. It can be hard ordering online and not being able to compare first hand.
Thanks for chiming in! I know there are a lot of similarities between the various eggs, but it sounds like the Scamp and Ventura are different enough in this aspect that it will be helpful to have this info! Your cleaned up windows look great! SLOWLY working on mine
Old 07-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #19

Manitoba
Whoa sweetness ..wounder if your near me in MB buhahah

I'll look at my window when home and see if I can tottlly get what u mean and shire there only one on vintage trailer that seems to match granted the Numbskull that had my trailer before I think changed my crank for he cut metal i have a big retangle hole where the cranknis and they have a hand crank...I don't think that's orgnial ?
Thank you soo much I'm.going Too send u a pm too
Old 08-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #20

Manitoba
Finally got it!
Is it OK new ones shaft is shorter kwim ??
And I just love the new knobs I got hieds the previous owners damage and no cranks in the head lol
Attached Thumbnails
20160806_162144.jpg   20160806_162149.jpg  

Old 08-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #21

Name: Emily
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Your new knobs look great! That's what we have in our Scamp

Someone else may chime in with more knowledge, but as long as it is opening and locking the window and isn't loose, I wouldn't think it would be a problem? But again, I'm just as new to replacing things as you!