Replacement Cushion Covers? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2007, 06:56 AM   #61

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
one quick question - do the Scamp covers come made to fit 3" or 4" foam?
Hi: 4"...I had to put new foam on the front bunk/sofa back as the cover was sloppy. That origional foam was only 2" I put 3" med. density foam+ a covering of 1" Tereleen fiber fill stapled to the edges of the plywood backing and wraping around the foam...I slit 1/2 way through the foam where the hinged wings on the ends of the bunk are to make the foam curve at the walls better...Worked like a charm Took two of us sweating to slip the plywood covered with foam and Tereleen into the cover My Brother said "Next time get some Silicone spray to make it slide in easier Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. I haven't installed this in the trailer yet...gotta wait till it thaws so I can open the door
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #62

Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
Quote:
Alf S earlier said that Scamp are made to fit 4" foam.

Darren I wish I had know you were looking into doing this we just last week ordered our covers from Scamp.
Ah yes David ... if I'd only known myself last week!

Did they process your order? If not, I can meet you at Fabricland or some such place and you can take a look at the fabrics. The choice is awesome!
Darren C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #63

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
So, my question to all is .. if we were to offer such a service, how much interest would there be and what would you be willing to part with to have the covers of your dreams?!

We will use your thoughts as part of our decision to offer this service or not.

Post away!
Hi Darren, we are looking at making cushion covers ourselves (they need to be finished by start of May for a camping trip ). Depending on the price you charge, we might be willing to let you do all the work. We need different size cushions than the standard Trilliums because we have purchased a thicker foam, so custom made cushions are the only option for us.

On a side note, are you finding any good sources for fabric in Calgary?

Thanks
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #64

Quote:
Hi Darren, we are looking at making cushion covers ourselves (they need to be finished by start of May for a camping trip ). Depending on the price you charge, we might be willing to let you do all the work. We need different size cushions than the standard Trilliums because we have purchased a thicker foam, so custom made cushions are the only option for us.

On a side note, are you finding any good sources for fabric in Calgary?

Thanks
Hey guys ... ah yes, that push to get ready for May! I can identify with that!

I have been purchasing at Fabricland. Let me tell you, the selection is there but the prices, even after discounts, are not cheap.

I'm not sure what a reasonable rate would be for the labor at this point, since we haven't quite finished ours. Although I am keeping track of time as I do it to determine how much is involved.

We wouldn't be looking to get rich doing it, it's more just to help other owners out more than anything but we can't put in all that time for nothing either.

Either way based on the * discounted * prices for fabric that we used, we are into just the material for about $200+, then there is the other materials and the labor. I daresay if you wanted to economize on the fabric and use cheap stuff you could likely get away with less but we want our upgrades to be quality and to last.

Once we are finished making ours I'll look at the time involved and figure out what that piece is worth.

A word of a note though : we used the original Boler cushions to make templates from so I don't know if there is any differences from Trilliums or not. Accomodating a thinker foam isn't much of a problem if you are going for a three piece cover (top + bottom + side panel as per original. The alternate is a two piece where the top also forms the sides, plus the vinyl bottom. This eliminates the front visible seam but is more tricky to stitch.)

Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #65

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
I'm delighted to report that our new cushions arrived from Scamp today. The quality is excellent and they look terriffic. Here are a few pictures. That little dog Buster is a local neighborhood "threat" - Looks like he approves! Cheers, Alec
Attached Thumbnails
buster2.JPG   buster.JPG  

Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #66

Trailer: 1975 Boler
The order went in last Wednesday so it is too late. But if I ever move up to a 17' I know where to go.

Dave
David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #67

Quote:
The order went in last Wednesday so it is too late. But if I ever move up to a 17' I know where to go.

Dave
Yeah, you bet. Hey, did your trailer arrive yet? You posted pics anywhere?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #68

Registry
Quote:
I'm delighted to report that our new cushions arrived from Scamp today. The quality is excellent and they look terriffic. Here are a few pictures. That little dog Buster is a local neighborhood "threat" - Looks like he approves! Cheers, Alec
Hi: Alec your covers teriffic fresh yet almost origional looking...WOW!!! I hope I can borrow a Digi Cam. and take some pix's when ours is done.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #69

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quote:
Yeah, you bet. Hey, did your trailer arrive yet? You posted pics anywhere?
Hey Darren, it is supposed to be here on Sunday. We can't wait, just trying to get everything somewhat ready for the campout at pine lake. When it does arrive I will send you a note and some pictures.
David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 AM   #70

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
Thanks Alf! We did want covers in keeping with the 70's appearence - and we like the colors of the plaid. The best part of all is the firmness of the new foam though - very comfortable and a huge improvment over the 30 year old original foam. Now we are going to equip ourselves with new curtains. Hope you are able to get hold of a camera - I'm looking forward to some pics of the Silver Billet!! Cheers, Alec
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #71

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
I'm delighted to report that our new cushions arrived from Scamp today. The quality is excellent and they look terriffic...
Your new covers look great Al, very warm and inviting!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #72

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Our new scamp covers arrived within about 14 days after placing the order. They look awesome and very good quality. I'll post some pics when when we get them installed. Right now the entire interior is removed while I clean and paint our 26 year old "Elephant Hide."
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #73

Registry
Quote:
Thanks Alf! We did want covers in keeping with the 70's appearence - and we like the colors of the plaid. The best part of all is the firmness of the new foam though - very comfortable and a huge improvment over the 30 year old original foam. Now we are going to equip ourselves with new curtains. Hope you are able to get hold of a camera - I'm looking forward to some pics of the Silver Billet!! Cheers, Alec
Hi: Alec...I noticed in the back ground of your pic's through the window a pile of pillows Out with the old...In with the new Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #74

Quote:
Hey Darren, it is supposed to be here on Sunday. We can't wait, just trying to get everything somewhat ready for the campout at pine lake. When it does arrive I will send you a note and some pictures.
Good man! I look forward to seeing it!!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #75

Registry
Hi: WHEW!!! All the cushions are installed and lookin' soooo good. I know pictures say a 1000 words and I will post some later... We just put in new white curtain rods too replace the rusty old ones and used #6 S/S 1/2" pan head bolts ,nylon washers and acorn nuts on the interior side...Much nicer looking than the origional Pop rivets. My wife sewed blue broad cloth curtains with a nice gold and blue 1/2 " trim stripe on the hem to add a bit of colour...Lookin' soooo good!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #76

Trailer: 83 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Free to good home--From 13 foot Li'l Bigfoot, one set of BLUE stripe cushion covers (they also have some white and a bit of camel tan) They are in excellent condition with only a little rust on a couple of zippers. There are no rips, stains, or tears and come from a non smoking home. I ran them through the washer and they came out just fine. Will send them for postage. Bonnie
Hello Bonnie, I am very interested in the cushion cover and would be very happy to pay for shipping, however I am unsure if they will fit in a Scamp. If anyone could answer this I'd be thrilled.
UncleJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #77

Trailer: 1976 Surfside
Quote:
Hello Al
Just recieved my cushion covers from Scamp,They fit perfect accept for the banana cushion it had to be trimed with the electric knife which worked great.But the rest was a custom fit.The price including $15 shipping was $280 for a complete set . I don't think you could buy the material and sew them for much less.Putting the covers on the foam was a bit of a challenge even using plastic as a slip but it's done now. Have a look .
I'am sure I'll be a happy camper when summer comes. Bailey Boler

Your cushions look great. I have been putting off recovering mine because I am not great on a sewing machine. Can you tell me if your prices are US or CAN and how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?

Thanks,

Jon
Jon K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #78

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?
Thanks,
Jon
http://www.scamptrailers.com/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #79

Trailer: 2004 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Your cushions look great. I have been putting off recovering mine because I am not great on a sewing machine. Can you tell me if your prices are US or CAN and how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?

Thanks,

Jon
Hello Jon
The price of $280 was in USD, with exchange and taxes its tallies up to approximately $360 CAD. Depending on exchange. Donna D has the link to use
Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy new covers if you decide to order
Bailey
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #80

Trailer: 1987 Lil Bigfoot
Quote:
Hi: WHEW!!! All the cushions are installed and lookin' soooo good. I know pictures say a 1000 words and I will post some later... We just put in new white curtain rods too replace the rusty old ones and used #6 S/S 1/2" pan head bolts ,nylon washers and acorn nuts on the interior side...Much nicer looking than the origional Pop rivets. My wife sewed blue broad cloth curtains with a nice gold and blue 1/2 " trim stripe on the hem to add a bit of colour...Lookin' soooo good!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Josh, Will get them in the mail to you Monday. Bonnie
Bonnie and Roger in WA is offline   Reply With Quote