Replacement Cushion Covers? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #71

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
I'm delighted to report that our new cushions arrived from Scamp today. The quality is excellent and they look terriffic...
Your new covers look great Al, very warm and inviting!

Jeanne

Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #72

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Our new scamp covers arrived within about 14 days after placing the order. They look awesome and very good quality. I'll post some pics when when we get them installed. Right now the entire interior is removed while I clean and paint our 26 year old "Elephant Hide."

2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #73

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Thanks Alf! We did want covers in keeping with the 70's appearence - and we like the colors of the plaid. The best part of all is the firmness of the new foam though - very comfortable and a huge improvment over the 30 year old original foam. Now we are going to equip ourselves with new curtains. Hope you are able to get hold of a camera - I'm looking forward to some pics of the Silver Billet!! Cheers, Alec
Hi: Alec...I noticed in the back ground of your pic's through the window a pile of pillows Out with the old...In with the new Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #74

Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
Quote:
Hey Darren, it is supposed to be here on Sunday. We can't wait, just trying to get everything somewhat ready for the campout at pine lake. When it does arrive I will send you a note and some pictures.
Good man! I look forward to seeing it!!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #75

Ontario
Registry
Hi: WHEW!!! All the cushions are installed and lookin' soooo good. I know pictures say a 1000 words and I will post some later... We just put in new white curtain rods too replace the rusty old ones and used #6 S/S 1/2" pan head bolts ,nylon washers and acorn nuts on the interior side...Much nicer looking than the origional Pop rivets. My wife sewed blue broad cloth curtains with a nice gold and blue 1/2 " trim stripe on the hem to add a bit of colour...Lookin' soooo good!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #76

Trailer: 83 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Free to good home--From 13 foot Li'l Bigfoot, one set of BLUE stripe cushion covers (they also have some white and a bit of camel tan) They are in excellent condition with only a little rust on a couple of zippers. There are no rips, stains, or tears and come from a non smoking home. I ran them through the washer and they came out just fine. Will send them for postage. Bonnie
Hello Bonnie, I am very interested in the cushion cover and would be very happy to pay for shipping, however I am unsure if they will fit in a Scamp. If anyone could answer this I'd be thrilled.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #77

Trailer: 1976 Surfside
Quote:
Hello Al
Just recieved my cushion covers from Scamp,They fit perfect accept for the banana cushion it had to be trimed with the electric knife which worked great.But the rest was a custom fit.The price including $15 shipping was $280 for a complete set . I don't think you could buy the material and sew them for much less.Putting the covers on the foam was a bit of a challenge even using plastic as a slip but it's done now. Have a look .
I'am sure I'll be a happy camper when summer comes. Bailey Boler

Your cushions look great. I have been putting off recovering mine because I am not great on a sewing machine. Can you tell me if your prices are US or CAN and how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?

Thanks,

Jon
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #78

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?
Thanks,
Jon
http://www.scamptrailers.com/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #79

Trailer: 2004 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Your cushions look great. I have been putting off recovering mine because I am not great on a sewing machine. Can you tell me if your prices are US or CAN and how I would get a hold off Scamp to order?

Thanks,

Jon
Hello Jon
The price of $280 was in USD, with exchange and taxes its tallies up to approximately $360 CAD. Depending on exchange. Donna D has the link to use
Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy new covers if you decide to order
Bailey
Old 03-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #80

Name: o
Trailer: o
Washington
Quote:
Hi: WHEW!!! All the cushions are installed and lookin' soooo good. I know pictures say a 1000 words and I will post some later... We just put in new white curtain rods too replace the rusty old ones and used #6 S/S 1/2" pan head bolts ,nylon washers and acorn nuts on the interior side...Much nicer looking than the origional Pop rivets. My wife sewed blue broad cloth curtains with a nice gold and blue 1/2 " trim stripe on the hem to add a bit of colour...Lookin' soooo good!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Josh, Will get them in the mail to you Monday. Bonnie
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #81

Ontario
Registry
Hi: I am reporting on behalf of my Brother who ordered a set of cushion covers from Scamp in the lakelure material!!! He too is excited with them even though the colour is not quite as shown on the on line sample's.(More beige than white background) He also ordered the set of curtains to go with them and we/ I hope will have some pic's to show when finished. The quality of the material and work is first rate!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #82

Trailer: 2004 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Does anyone have any suggestions for foam replacement ,would it be better to buy a large size and custom cut yourself with the electric knife,is the pricing better.Best place to buy Canada or the USA?What specs to look for? I was told by one shop months ago look for pound density.Any help always appreciated.And hey Alf S any more photo updates?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #83

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Depends...how's that for an answer Cutting the foam is easy with an electric knife. In fact, too easy. Don't sneeze while the knife is running or you're liable to cut the foam in half! The biggest problem from buying at a distance, is the shipping and handling charges. They can be steep. It's not that the foam is heavy, but it is bulky. For instance, most of our members found it cheaper to buy the foam locally and cut it themselves than to order it from Scamp, Casita, etc. I suppose it is just a matter of doing comparision shopping (your area vs other areas) and decide which works best for you.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #84

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
I am ordering from here: http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_list...A_ProdID_E_3310

Much better price than local and the shipping isn't bad. (Estimating $30 UPS for 5 sheets) I'm assuming they roll it and vacuum compress it so that it doesn't take much to ship it. (probably should try and cut it and stuff it before it expands) If you order over 3 sheets only $29 for 24x72 4" sheet. Can't touch that around here and they have been recommended by other members who've ordered from them in the past.

2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote