replacement vent for scamp 13 ft - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2003, 04:06 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I think Suz mentioned using that foam trim board to finish out her floor. said it conformed to the shape better then real wood. :conf or I dreamed it.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 06:50 PM   #22

No, Jan, you didn't dream it. I did use some kind of faux wood stuff. It was lighter weight and much more flexible. I felt that it would adhere to the fiberglass better and stay put longer as the trailer flexed. It's been on about a year and has probably traveled around 4,000 miles so far and still hanging on.

Here's a thread that kind of shows it. Suz's floor and molding You may have to scroll up or down the page to find the pictures.

Old 07-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #23

Beverly,
I finally got the vent for my 1981 Scamp. The store I went through had to order it twice. Although the overall dimensions of the lid were 15 x 22, the order size was 13 x20. The size is based on the hole cutout in the roof for the vent. Here is the part number for my 13 x 20 vent, P/N 60272. I put it on today and it fit like it should.

Andy

Old 07-13-2003, 07:35 AM   #24

:banana Glad it worked out for you, Andy. Your part number doesn't match anything - vent or vent cover - on mine though, and I think we have the same product. Could they make this any more confusing?!!!!
Thanks for the update. Now have fun with those seams - check out Lainey's under the "Update" thread. Lookin' good.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:14 PM   #25

P/N 60272 Where?

Quote:
Orginally posted by andy singleton

Beverly,
I finally got the vent for my 1981 Scamp. The store I went through had to order it twice. Although the overall dimensions of the lid were 15 x 22, the order size was 13 x20. The size is based on the hole cutout in the roof for the vent. Here is the part number for my 13 x 20 vent, P/N 60272. I put it on today and it fit like it should.

Andy
Andy and others: I found this hread thru a search. I am going thru the same trouble of having to replace the plastic framed roof vent becuase of cracks and leaks and it is no longer structurally sound in keeping fiberglass roof from flexing. My opening appears to 14X21" Not 13X20, nor 15X22. What have others measured on older scamps? I have a 1979 Acorn (Scamp) so i am leaning toward the 13X20 described by Andy. It is about half as much cost as the 15x22. Is this what you found? What replacement size does scamp sell? I believe Steve at Scamp once told me that they do sell 15X22 vents but apparently they don't fit older scamps, is this correct?
Andy, Whose part # is 60272? Where did you ultimately get your vent? Who manufactured it? Is it aluminum frame or plastic frame? the original one installed in my acorn is plastic. I had done alot of research online previously and had come up with several sources for both sizes but have since lost that info as i wasn't sure what size. The size rating apparently is nominal and is somewhere between roof opening and actual lid size.
Any help is appreciated, any installation tips? Did a new vent also help shore up thesagginess in the roof at this point?
Later - Joe

Old 08-22-2003, 03:27 PM   #26

Umm, the down-right easiest way to get an odd-ball sized vent cover for a Scamp is to call Steve at Scamp with the year, model and perhaps serial number and he will ship one to you.

On my previous Jayco, I broke a very standard (14x14) cover and had a hard time finding a replacement on the road, so I now carry a spare for the odd-sized escape hatch.

Pete in the RatHaus

Tags
scamp