Replacing the Ensolite inside the trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #1

Name: Monica
Trailer: 1976 Boler
Ontario
Wink Replacing the Ensolite inside the trailer

Hi everyone,

Well, we are removing the (elephant skin ensolite) from inside the Boler to begin the fiberglass work on the cracks that are more than we anticipated.

Has anyone out there found a good substitute to replace this ensolite and also then did you paint it and if so what type of paint?

Insulation ? What kind?

Thanks so much for your help fellow Boler owners

So Appreciated, Monica and Peter
Monica1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #2

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Monica, welcome to the forum. Not all Bolers had ensolite, a few of us have a carpeted headliner material instead. I really like the cosy feel of the headliner I replaced in my Boler. I don't have any insulation between the headliner and the shell though so I do have some condensation issues once in a while, nothing that can't be dealt with by opening a window.
There are lots of members with a lot of info, just wait a bit and you'll get the response you are looking for.
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Monica, you can still purchase Ensolite if you want to replace what you had. I did a Google Search and it is sold in various thicknesses and lengths, as well as colors. If you want to go with something else, you can go with the "rat fur" (marine headliner), and it also comes in various colors and patterns. If you do go with the marine headliner, you should insulate with 1 or 2 layers of reflectix 1st. Marine headliner as well as Ensolite will resist mold, stains, not absorb odors, is pliable and stretches some, making it ideal for the compound corners of most rounded eggs.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:35 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Ensolite

Not sure where in Ontario you are located but if you pm me i can give you info on ensolight as I have a large bolt available.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Triple E Surfside
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Not sure where in Ontario you are located but if you pm me i can give you info on ensolight as I have a large bolt available.
Hi Mikmay. I am headed for Ontario in July. I'll be in Caledonia (just west of Hamilton) by July 15. I may be passing through your city. I am interested in the ensolite if you still have it. Where are you?
Thx
Dave
David D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:19 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David D View Post
Hi Mikmay. I am headed for Ontario in July. I'll be in Caledonia (just west of Hamilton) by July 15. I may be passing through your city. I am interested in the ensolite if you still have it. Where are you?
Thx
Dave
Hello David
I am located in the Windsor area and you can pm me for my address and number. Don't know about your travel timeline but I will be attending bolerama July 6-10 which takes place very near Hamilton and could bring some there.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote