Replacing Trillium Window Rock Guard - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 AM   #29
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
OEM type rockguards are available from Trillium RV.
Although, aren't the new ones rounded on the corners, whereas the older Trilliums have front windows that are squared-off on the corners? I would think there might be a fitment issue (or are the new, new US Trillium front windows square again, and it's just the new Canadian ones that were round...correct me if I'm wrong).

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #30
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Old thread back to life!

Rebar, I posted this thread back in spring of 2008 and I was referring to the summer of 2007. I agree, 2008 was a great summer right up until the last week of August and by then I was working on the house to put it up for sale.

Roger, I didn't really the the translucent look to the fiberglass panel with the embedded strangand the true translucent plastic panels are a bit weak. I am still on the look out for an original one - if you can believe it I met a couple who had thrown there's out a month before I met them - they boonie bashed with their trillium and wanted to see through the back window.

Raya, I believe you are right on the rounded shape of the new rockscreens. Though the one I have doesn't look nearly as spiffy as the new ones it's works great and is easy to rebuild if I want to redo it in the future.

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #31
Trailer: 73 Trillium 13 ft / Toyota Landcrusier HDJ81
The black corrugated material doesn't look too bad, I might do the same while I search for an original. By the way, did yours have the torx bolts holding the aluminum frame together? Its weird it seems to be between a t10 and 115 size?
E Dyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #32
Trailer: No Trailer Yet

I would like to replace the non-original rockguard on our trailer (well both trailers actually). Below are the current pictures of what is it place. It works alright but is not very sturdy nor very attractive. I would prefer to find an original or replacement original style but that may be unlikely. I am looking for suggestions if there are workable aftermarket ones (Doug Mager mentioned he had one from Escape).

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 13031

I am just in the process of researching a rock guard replacement for my Trillium. My original panel was damaged and I've tried a sign material PVC which will do in a pinch. The options I've found so far are:

1. Fiberglass board 1/8" found at Rona or Home Depot. Eggshell finish, paintable and bombproof We used this as a wall covering at our hospital.
2. Fiberglass roofing panels translucent or opaque. Rona. Slightly too thick.
3. PVC Sign panels. A bit wobbly
4. My crazy solution: I am going to use an original panel with a fiberglass mould release compound and create reproductions of the original using polyester resin and fabric.

If option 4 works out, I will post pics. If not, forget I mentioned it.
Lisa A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #33
Name: Larry H
Trailer: Trillium
Hello All,
Just in case you need a photo of an original trillium rock shield
here is my 1978 model. When I got it the fiberglass fibers were
showing through the surface. I lightly knocked them down with
fine sandpaper and then applied several coats of clear enamel paint.
Good luck on your project.
Larry H

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrilliumRockShield.jpg.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	27565

Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote