Replacing Water tank on 13' Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #1

Name: Richard
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Replacing Water tank on 13' Boler

Hello everyone!

So the water tank on our new 76 13' Boler is totally cracked... (not sure how it got so smashed.. rocks? Chipmunks? )

I have been scouring the forums on where to source a new 10 gallon tank. I tried to locate Polyrama in Edmonton, but their website is defunct, and their number is not in service I'm guessing they went under?

That said, I WAS successful in finding a supplier in Alberta (who apparently many already know about but in case not I'll post it here). DM Plastics is the company and they have quoted me for an RFW1315 tank.

The very nice lady said that they have sold many of these to happy Boler owners, but just last week a customer contacted them saying it didn't fit properly and she thought maybe there were some other mods they made which prevented it from fitting.

Either way, the tank they quoted me for is not the same dimensions as the one Polyrama made. It's 6.25 high on one end and 8.5 on the other end (and I need to specifiy where I want the fittings placed). In fact, it's over double the capacity (86 litres!) which make me wonder if that is too heavy for the rear end?.

Here is what it looks like:

RFW1513 Layout1.pdf

Can anyone tell me if they have had success with this tank from DM Plastics, and if not, does anyone know what happened to Polyrama (or a place to source the 10 gallon tank?)

Thanks!
Richard
IslandBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=64337

Here is my way of solving a similar problem. Nore: this is an 8 gallon system. Yet ultimately it was both cheaper and I can clean all parts thoroughly.
DaMScampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #3

Name: Richard
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Great idea! Will definitely keep that in mind - thanks for the reply
IslandBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler