Rock guard options - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
Rock guard options

Just finished redoing a 1979 1300 Trillium. What are my rock guard options on the lower front end of fiberglass?
donksax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Rhino liner or similar product in the color you want.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Talking Rock Guard replacement

If it's a window 'rock guard' - my idea was to make use of the original (replaced) plexiglass window, by framing it with edging material and creating retractable folding arms to hinge it to the TT shell. That way. it's the right shape and curvature; and, I'll have both a weather and sun shield, as well as a 'rock guard' when mobile.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by donksax View Post
Just finished redoing a 1979 1300 Trillium. What are my rock guard options on the lower front end of fiberglass?
3M makes a clear product that body shops can put on. We had some put on our motorhome front end when we went to Alaska. It wasn't real expensive and did the job. Might be able to do it yourself if you had the tools and knew how. Haven't done the Casita yet.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I used a product called "Grizzly Grip" on the lower front fiberglass of our Uhaul. Available in various colors. I taped the edge of the area I wanted to put it on, used a 4" roller to paint it on. Other option, huge mudflap across the rear of your tow vehicle, seen it done to protect a high dollar Scotty restoration.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I used a product called "Grizzly Grip" on the lower front fiberglass of our Uhaul. Available in various colors. I taped the edge of the area I wanted to put it on, used a 4" roller to paint it on. Other option, huge mudflap across the rear of your tow vehicle, seen it done to protect a high dollar Scotty restoration.
What kind of finish is the Grizzly Grip? Smooth, rough, rubbery, etc. Sounds interesting. Can it peel or come off? We are very handy and sometime I'd like to protect our Casita but don't want to harm the value of it.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
What kind of finish is the Grizzly Grip? Smooth, rough, rubbery, etc. Sounds interesting. Can it peel or come off? We are very handy and sometime I'd like to protect our Casita but don't want to harm the value of it.
It's gritty, but not thick. I put it on the Uhaul partially for stone protection, partially because there had been damage repair there and had to cover that. I think there may be some stone chips in it now, the Grizzly Grip that is. I'm not going to put it on our Casita.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium