Roof Vent Fan - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Roof Vent Fan

Hello,

I need to replace the vent in the roof of my Boler. Iím wondering what type of roof vent fan to get.

Sandy overman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Either a Fantastic Fan or a Maxx Fan would be great; lots of versions available and I've had both.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...caAnTIEALw_wcB

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Lite House
Minnesota
Registry
This year I installed a MaxxFan Deluxe. I chose it primarily because it can stay open in the rain. Already have slept through night of downpours with the vent open, no problem!
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:13 AM   #4

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp
California
Registry
I replaced the Fantastic Fan in our Scamp with a MaxxFan, and very happy with it. Main points are it works in the rain and has 10 speeds ranging from very low to very high. The Fantastic Fan had only 3 speeds and the low one was higher than we wanted.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 AM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
People seem to use only MaxxFan or Fantastic Fan. I have a basic FF and based on my reading I would choose a MaxxFan if I were to replace it. Which model depends on what features you want, but KISS is a good way to go IMHO (i.e no auto close or remote).

Also IMHO a rain cover is an absolute must. Either an add on one like I have for the FF or the built in one that MaxxFan has. Being able to ventilate the camper while its raining is wonderful.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
I recently replaced a static vent in the bathroom of my trailer with a vent fan and equivocated between MaxxAir and Fantastic Vent products as well as about what kinds of features to include. Even though the MaxxAir sounds in many ways to be a better, stronger , and more fully featured unit, I installed a Fantastic Fan -- 3 speed exhaust only. I added a MaxxAir vent cover so that I can use have the vent open in the rain or when traveling.

Incidentally, I remember from quite a few years ago that FF said that you could drive 60+ mph with one of their vents open so long as it was in the full open position.

The reason I chose FF over MaxxAir for the fan is that I saw in a couple of posts that MaxxAir had been bought by a larger company and that it was hard to get information or parts for their products. FF, on the other hand always had great customer service. I do note, however, that they are now owned by Dometic so that may have changed.

bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote