Rope and Pole Awning Safety Ideas - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Walmart has stick-in-the-ground solar pathway lights for less than $3 each. And/or get a bright color pool noodle, cut a slit and slide it over the guy lines. There's many ways of accomplishing the same thing. You'll find one that works for you I'm sure

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #16
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
I don't use rope on mine I use tie down straps like these. they are easy to see and easy to adjust!
USA Progrip® Quick Release Cambuckle Tie Down (412080) - Tie Down Straps - Ace Hardware

kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Yeah Linda, I wanted my last big purchase for now to be a solar panel for the roof to keep my batteries topped off... well the wdh being safety equiptment is now bumped to the top for must have's. Well there goes my OT check next week lol...well its why I work so hard!
Yep, safety first! Its so worth putting that OT check toward the extra piece of mind. Its good to prioritize
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
Donna, I love the idea of the pool noodle. If you don't see that staring at ya, you've got problems. Very creative.

Jason, the tie down solution is a great idea too, and I usually carry them in my truck.

My husband calls me gadget girl. I'm always looking for the best solution for everythihg and have every gadget to prove it. I think it comes from being a girl scout--"be prepared" is my moto too. Hub teases me about it, but he's happy when I'm able to save the day. Last summer, I saved our camping trip when we had a burst pipe (didn't winterize well enough), and I pulled out the epoxy putty that held the pex together with additional special tape.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
Name: A
Trailer: Escape
Paracord is pretty good too. Comes with reflective tracers (easy to see with a flash light) and glows in the dark too. Great for tents, don't know how heavy duty of rope you need for an awning... Reflective & Glow in Dark Nylon Paracord - 7 Strand 550 Type III Commercial Grade: Sports & Outdoors
goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
I use reflective rope for backpacking and it works pretty well but not as good as having light. Search for reflective cord or reflective rope on amazon or your favorite place. Here is an example: link
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #21
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Glow sticks

I buy glows sticks -necklaces- at the $1 shop.
I wrap them around the rope and clothespin them at the height I want.
They glow all night.

Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote