rotten burro floor HELP?!!!??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 Burro
Lightbulb rotten burro floor HELP?!!!???

We have a punky floor in our burro... needs to be replaced. We don't want to re-invent the wheel, so does anyone have experience with this epic project??? Please direct us. Thanks! kay
kygould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygould View Post
We have a punky floor in our burro... needs to be replaced. We don't want to re-invent the wheel, so does anyone have experience with this epic project??? Please direct us. Thanks! kay
There are lots of posts on Burro floor replacement. If you use the search button at the top of the page and then use the Google search for "Burro floor" you will get lots of information.

The link below is from when I replaced the floor last year. I would recommend removing the body from the frame, it is not that hard to remove and will result in a better floor when you are done.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ted-43697.html
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #3

Name: Elie
Trailer: 1983 Burro 13'
Colorado
These things can be done. No special tools; time and energy. The screws are there. If the floor is that bad do it. Just don't destroy your template. These things were all kits. You could also pour 2 inches of cement, don't forget the rebar.
Elie BBBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #4

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I had one of those. Here's how I did it:

1. Call around the area to locate an RV fixin' place who'd be willing to deal with an egg. Note: some of them laugh and hang up. But some of them are jazzed about it.

2. Set up time, drop off Burro.

3. Phone RV fixin' guy periodically to determine that he's really going to have the job done when he promised. Assume that he's overpromised.

4. Start to hassle the guy because you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go camping, darn it, and we've already extended this by a week!

5. He gives in and gets it done only 2 weeks late, and very nicely at that.

6. Go camping!

So, instead of time and energy as above, it was time and money for me. Neither my dad (my handy go-to help person) nor I have the space or expertise to have done this ourselves.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #5

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh, and just to add a couple of details: my new floor was secured to the frame with stainless steel bolts instead of the rusty drywall type screws that were holding down the old floor.

We also finished it off with a spray coating of rubbery protection stuff to waterproof the whole underside.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro