Running the Refrigerator - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Civilguy,

I know how you feel. I've done that. Often I'll post something and find, thanks to forum members, that I've got something wrong. This is a wonderful place to learn.

Correcting yourself.....that's cool!

Yet, what I've learned from your post is that 3 degrees is a lot more than I thought. I think it should be easy to see that difference.

Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon in Idaho View Post
Civilguy,
I know how you feel. I've done that. Often I'll post something and find, thanks to forum members, that I've got something wrong. This is a wonderful place to learn.
Correcting yourself.....that's cool!
Yet, what I've learned from your post is that 3 degrees is a lot more than I thought. I think it should be easy to see that difference.
Gordon
Thanks Gordon. I really hate leaving bad information online to misguide others, so I just post corrections and take my lumps. Actually, it gets easier with practice. And I get plenty of that!

And yeah, 3 degrees was a surprisingly high amount of slope to me too. Now I better understand the common guideline that was noted by Zach in Post #8 "if you're comfortable, the fridge is level enough".

At 5/8" per foot, 3 degrees in either direction is definitely not a setup that I would call 'level enough'; even if setting up late at night in a hurry. Never mind 6 degrees; that would be crazy.

So, there's some comfort in figuring I'm not likely to risk messing up the fridge due to a poor setup. Especially since I anticipate that Dometic provides some conservatism in their guideline to begin with.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator