RV Appraisal Needed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Brandy, just a thought, but could you replace your trailer and its contents (never mind the hours and LAYERS of paint you put into it) for $4000 IF it were totaled???

An aside: In B.C. we can get storage insurance for vehicles that are (at that time) NOT insured for road use. In our case, the cost of this policy (although NOT high) is almost as much as regular insurance on the trailer. Storage insurance is a basic insurance that covers fire, theft and possible damage while its parked.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #16

Name: Brandy
believe me I thought about all that painting *mumble mumble curse groan* the $4000 was whne I first purchased my trailer a year ago.....it was in decent shape, now it sparkels so I should probley increase the replacement value since its so cheap....

Quote:
Brandy, just a thought, but could you replace your trailer and its contents (never mind the hours and LAYERS of paint you put into it) for $4000 IF it were totaled???

An aside: In B.C. we can get storage insurance for vehicles that are (at that time) NOT insured for road use. In our case, the cost of this policy (although NOT high) is almost as much as regular insurance on the trailer. Storage insurance is a basic insurance that covers fire, theft and possible damage while its parked.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #17

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Insurance companies have a way of screwing people with replacement costs. Just because U insure for $10,000 doesn’t mean you will get that much when it comes time to replace it. They will go to sites like NADA.com to get their estimated value and leave U sucking wind.

Previously I suggested that U check with the Good Sam Club because they insure campers and are a Camper club. That way, you will get the up front and best information concerning camper insurance and remove all doubt.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #18

Name: Brandy
Thanks for stating this....I called my insurance company and grilled them regarding coverage giving every worst case senario.....tunrs out I was not covered (trailer wise) if I had a collision......so for a mer 8 more dollars more every 6 months I am now covered in case of collision, trees falling, machete weilding monkey what ever.....thanks for the reminder I would have hated to find this out after the damage was done!!!!

Quote:
Insurance companies have a way of screwing people with replacement costs. Just because U insure for $10,000 doesn't mean you will get that much when it comes time to replace it. They will go to sites like NADA.com to get their estimated value and leave U sucking wind.

Previously I suggested that U check with the Good Sam Club because they insure campers and are a Camper club. That way, you will get the up front and best information concerning camper insurance and remove all doubt.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #19

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Maureen, this would be a GREAT time to have all receipts for items purchased and all work done that was 'farmed out'. You might want to check if your I. co. has 'Agreed Value' coverage.
Darwin, note I said 'Agreed Value' coverage. This is HUGELY different than any form of replacement coverage. With an Agreed Value policy YOU must sit down with your agent and both of you AGREE on a replacement cost IN WRITING.
Very little room for screwing or being screwed.

IMHO:
If your agency doesn't offer this sort of package, MAYBE you might wanna consider shoping around.

Brandy, Good For You, digging around for info on your policy.... It sure pays in the long run.