RV parts and supplies around Vancouver?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #1

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
RV parts and supplies around Vancouver??

So the Scamp and I made it from New Mexico to Vancouver BC with only minor things shaking loose, no big troubles. No troubles at the border, they didn't even look at the Scamp or the TV at all. I was hoping to show it off! The campground is great, if a little compact, spots close together. The location is AMAZING, not so much for pristine beauty, but there is a good hiking around. But rather it's convenience to a very nice mall, and the bus into the city, biking distance to Stanley Park and the city etc. SO conveniently located. Amazing city!

BUT! I need some plumbing items, grey water hose to standard sewage type things. Canadian tire had some items that work for now, but not ideal. So where is the best selection of parts and supplies for RVs without going too far from downtown?? Does that even exist? Will I be half way to Whistler before I get to a good RV shop? Amazon.ca: Online shopping for Canadians - books, electronics, music, DVDs, software, video games & more seems to have MUCH less selection than Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and prices up here! Ouch!

May have to just hit a Camping world in Washington or order things to a friends house in Seattle. I want to support the local economy, but not at these prices!
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #2

British Columbia
Also going to need some heated hose before long. Any local Canadian sources welcome.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
but not at these prices!
Welcome to Canada! Years of our dollar being worth $0.70 American has made us think that we should pay more, or at least our retailers think so. It is sad when Canadians drive hours, endure long lines at the border, just so we don't get ripped off.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Welcome to Canada! Years of our dollar being worth $0.70 American has made us think that we should pay more, or at least our retailers think so. It is sad when Canadians drive hours, endure long lines at the border, just so we don't get ripped off.
Thanks for the welcome, other than prices I'm VERY happy to be here! Gorgeous city filled with remarkably friendly people!

I got used to really high prices in New Zealand and Australia, but they had a good excuse, they are in middle of no where! It's hard to stomach in Canada when the prices go up 50% by simply crossing a land border! Higher taxes I understand, you get more from your government, but drastically higher retail just seems like opportunism. That's the way markets work I guess.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome to the North Shore Dylan. Glad to hear you like our city and your location - it is indeed a uniquie camping spot. Dont get to comfortable - you will be putting the flip flops away before the week-end sounds like our Indian Summer and days in the 70's are going to end by Thursday and the wet coast fall will start.

Dont head toward Whistler looking for an RV store you will not find one going that way all the way through the canyon and into the provinces interior

Walmart just off Marine Drive at Capilano Mall has an RV section but we do have a cute little well hidden RV shop on the North Shore. North Shore RV Center 1128 15th St W, North Vancouver, BC its just off Marine Drive and Pemberton Ave. Its a tiny little shop but he has a big order book and he will order in what every you need.

If your looking for a big RV store you will need to travel 40 min or so. There are a number of them on the Langley ByPass #10. I think the biggest of the stores is called TravelLand. Another is called Fraser Way on Annacis Island Delta, B.C - a bit closer than going to Langley.

But the prices at the big shopes are not so great - you do better with the little shop in North Vancouver. The closest Camping World is in Burlington Washington about an hour and half drive.

The higher prices also has a great deal to do with the fact the land value is higher. Seriously higher! so rents etc for biz are high - all gets passed onto the consumer. Vancouver and surronding areas, has the most expensive real estate prices in the English speaking world or at least that was the headlines last year. We passed NY and London long ago. If your looking for cheap gas head out to the valley or up to Whistler about 10 to 20 cents a liter cheaper due to lower transist (environment) tax.

Get out to seawall walk and enjoy the sunset tonight before the rains come! Although the off shore fog looks from here to be damping it just a little tonight compared to last nights amazing fall sunset.

PS the mall you are camped beside has some fairly high prices in part to do with the fact you are parked in the richest postal code in Canada per tax returns ;-))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #6

Registry
You can get heating tape from Rona.ca There are two Rona's on the North Shore one about 5 min. from you.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #7

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
I buy most of my RV parts at Meridian RV in Port Coquilam. Prices are OK.

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Just as far as the "RV Row" on the Lagley By-Pass is where I usually go - TEDCO RV, also in Langley, where Tyler is very knowledgeable - he did any all works I needed done on my Boler for the whole time I owned it
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #9

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Welcome to N. Van. Glad your relocation trip went well.

Ditto on Carols' comments. The prices are pretty good at the little place in N. Van. and for a major RV parts buying trip then it's out to Langley.

Get used to the prices It's a never ending source of frustration to see items at a much lower price in the US and then see the vendor doesn't ship to Canada. Oh well, living here does have some pluses

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Oh well, living here does have some pluses
Ron
yup wouldnt trade it for any city in the world.