Sagging Ensolite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
Has anyone had experience with the ensolite sagging throughout the roof?

My ensolite is literally sagging like a poorly fitting garment in various placing all over the ceiling.

I am tempting to cut little one inch slices at the edge of the sag spot and go in with spray glue.

Suggestions?

Dawn
Dawn S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Good morning Dawn,
This is not a rare problem, but using a sharp knife you can make a tiny hole and spray any of 3M's 77 spray adhesive products or your locally available equivalent and holding the material in place for a few minutes worked for me. It held in place and was not noticable even three years later. Have fun, the fumes will dissipate within a few hours. Make sure you wipe away any glue you get on the surface with solvent before it cures.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Also, if your sag spots are not too far from an edge, you could consider pulling it off from the edge and doing a more thorough job with contact cement. Easier than one might think.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
I've used several different spray contact cement products to hold the ensolite up in my trailer...spray it, wait a minute, then press it into place. It works well.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
Quote:
Has anyone had experience with the ensolite sagging throughout the roof?

My ensolite is literally sagging like a poorly fitting garment in various placing all over the ceiling.

I am tempting to cut little one inch slices at the edge of the sag spot and go in with spray glue.

Suggestions?

Dawn
Sweet!!

I hoped it would be a simple fix, and it doesn't sound too bad

YAYERS!

Thanks so much for your help! I thought about going right to the edge whereever possible too.

I want to scrub it with TSP but right now it would be "like pushing a chain uphill" as my dad says...hee hee! Once I have it tightened up it will be easier to scrub.

THANKS AGAIN!!
Dawn S is offline   Reply With Quote