Good morning Dawn,
This is not a rare problem, but using a sharp knife you can make a tiny hole and spray any of 3M's 77 spray adhesive products or your locally available equivalent and holding the material in place for a few minutes worked for me. It held in place and was not noticable even three years later. Have fun, the fumes will dissipate within a few hours. Make sure you wipe away any glue you get on the surface with solvent before it cures.
When you retire, everyday becomes Saturday!
Owen & Rosemary
Formerly - 14'Dolphin, Looking for another!