Sagging ensolite: help! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #15
Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
What I did was use a medical syringe needle and inject glue actually just gorilla glue threw a 16 gage needle and pressed firmly the small puncture holes were not visible! I work at a hospital though and got my syringe from there but any medical supply store would have them !
Neat idea. You could go to someplace like Harbor Freight and pick up one of their cheap BBQ injector gizmos.

fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
Name: Roger
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
New York
I had to strip away the interior coverings around all the windows to replace the wood framework. This is on a Trillium Jubilee.

I used 3M Rubber and Vinyl Spray Adhesive, coating both the wood/fiberglass and the back of the foam. Let it set up a minute or two (be sure to have the windows open!), and carefully press in place. It has held up very well, with no peeling.

Spray on liberally. You need to thoroughly coat both surfaces, and then let it tack up for at least a minute. You really want to make sure the windows are open, or use a respirator; this stuff is nasty.

rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #17
Name: Bee
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
I have discovered that hot glue works wonders to reattach the foam, popcorn type insulation. It's also ideal because if further repairs are needed underneath later it can be peeled off, but sticks really well so far
Bee in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #18
Name: Kristal
Trailer: 1974 trillium
Hi I am Kristal and I too tried to repair a corner that was sagging and now the ensolite will not stretch back into place!! So, it is now just hanging there because I don't know what to do. I have two other corners that need to be fixed and don't want to take the T stripping off. I am contemplating the 'injection' of glue method but the areas are pretty big. Thoughts??

kkelly is offline   Reply With Quote