scamp 13 layout 3 picture needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #1

Name: denny
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 layout 3
Michigan
Arrow scamp 13 layout 3 picture needed

need picture of insides of scamp 16 layout 3 before I order one. esp want to see how table will function for 2 eating off couch and a stool. if no picture do you know how well it works?
denny w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Look here, there are several videos, some of which show interior.
Also peruse the site for more information and photos including downloading the brochure.

Helpful Videos - Scamp Trailers
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #3

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
So that stove cover that makes a table....how is it attached?
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
... I don't know what a "layout 3" is...

It's the 16' model with front bunks and no bathroom. The title says 13', but the text makes it clear.

In that layout, a table extends from the street side kitchen cabinet into the space where the bathroom would have been. I think the poster wants to know if one person could sit on the sofa and another on a stool to use that table, presumably so the bed could be left made up.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I figured out he was talking about a S-16. There are not many layout 3's around. Earlier this year a RV dealer in NC had one for sale and had posted pictures. I think that is the only one I have ever seen.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
It's the 16' model with front bunks and no bathroom. The title says 13', but the text makes it clear.

In that layout, a table extends from the street side kitchen cabinet into the space where the bathroom would have been. I think the poster wants to know if one person could sit on the sofa and another on a stool to use that table, presumably so the bed could be left made up.
You are right! I started to respond with that 16 in mind then I got distracted by the title line.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennifer View Post
So that stove cover that makes a table....how is it attached?
It is no longer relevant to the thread but let's call this a detour instead of a hijack...
It is attached by using the drawer for support, I use it most often as extra space for food prep...
Notice the notches and hooks on the back of the stove cover, they allow the cover to lock into the partially open drawer to make the table. It is very stable.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0031.JPG   DSCF0032.JPG  

DSCF0033.JPG   DSCF0034.JPG  

Old 09-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #8

Name: denny
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 layout 3
Michigan
sorry for title goof. it is a 16. scamp has no videos or pics showing option 3 table or the table in it. need to see or hear from someone before ordering.
denny w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Denny, I suspect you're not getting much response because this is a fairly rare layout. The large majority of forum members with 16' and larger trailers have bathroom versions.

If you do a Google site search on "Scamp layout 3" (blue bar under your log-in info, "search," down to "site search/Google") a few old classified ads turn up. Here's one: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-69646.html. These were the only pictures that showed the table. To my eye it looks too high for dining from the sofa. Perhaps Scamp could lower it, or leave it unattached for you to install. Lowering it would involve cutting down the folding table leg.

Name:   Table2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:   Table3.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  21.5 KB

Here is a reno thread from someone who apparently thinks like you do. They removed the bathroom from a layout 4 and built a table very similar to the one Scamp includes on layout 3: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ete-64494.html. It does appear to be mounted lower than the factory set-up. They have been on the forum as recently as August, so you might send them a private message asking how the table works as a dinette.

Name:   Table1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  22.9 KB

I also wonder if something like this might work with a small folding cafe table in the corner (that could be moved outside when the weather is nice). The little window tells me this was also done by someone that removed the side bathroom.

Name:   Bench mod.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  9.5 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp