Scamp 13 tail lights? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Scamp 13 tail lights?

My 1978 Scamp 13 has 6-inch square tail lights made by Reflect-O-Lite. Based on the attachment holes I believe they might be the original tail lights.

Could this correct? Does anyone have a 1978 Scamp with square taillights?

One strange thing about the lights is that there is the normal two-filiment blub for the running light and signal/brake light. However, there is also a single-fiiment bulb.

At present the single-filiment bulbs are wired into the yellow/green signal wiring. Does anyone know if Scamp wired their trailers like this in the late 1970's?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I was looking at the square tail lights on my 77 S-13 a while back. At first I thought they may be replacements but looking closer they look origional to me. When I bought it, the PO had bolted on extra taillights. I will check out the wiring next time I pass the trailer. I had an 82 S-13 and it had tophat tail lights. Scamp switched to the rectangular taillights about 95-96.
Eddie
The running lights are oval on the 77, not like the 1x4" running lights on later Scamps.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I was looking at the square tail lights on my 77 S-13 a while back. At first I thought they may be replacements but looking closer they look origional to me. When I bought it, the PO had bolted on extra taillights. I will check out the wiring next time I pass the trailer. I had an 82 S-13 and it had tophat tail lights. Scamp switched to the rectangular taillights about 95-96.
Eddie
The running lights are oval on the 77, not like the 1x4" running lights on later Scamps.
Thanks Eddie,

The more I think about it, the better I like the idea of having an extra light bulb to ad in the brightness of the signal lights!

Of course LED replacement tail lights would be a good investment...but, not at this time.

Besides, my wife won't let me drive at night anymore! And for good reasons!

Bill l
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, scamp, tail lights