Scamp 16 and Refrigerator questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #1

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Scamp 16 and Refrigerator questions

Those who may have a late model 16 standard, I've noticed that layout 3,4,5 have the small, floor height refrigerator, is that right? If a larger frig option is available, does this requre a re-location to the other galley, curb side, similar to layouts 6,7?

Also, I've noticed that some 16's have a "chimney" on the roof for their frig while other refrigerators do not appear to have this. Is anyone up to speed on these kinds of curiousities? Much appreciate the intel. Thank you.
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
Those who may have a late model 16 standard, I've noticed that layout 3,4,5 have the small, floor height refrigerator, is that right? If a larger frig option is available, does this requre a re-location to the other galley, curb side, similar to layouts 6,7?

Also, I've noticed that some 16's have a "chimney" on the roof for their frig while other refrigerators do not appear to have this. Is anyone up to speed on these kinds of curiousities? Much appreciate the intel. Thank you.
The "chimney" indicates the larger fridge. I believe any layout can have either fridge (or even an icebox), but the larger fridge is always installed curbside next to the door. The smaller fridge is located streetside in layouts 3-5 and curbside in layouts 6-7, with the same side exhaust vent.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #3

Michigan
Thanks Jon. I'll post a few pics from th Scamp FB page, "Delivery Day" photos. Some have two grills, curbside while others have but one lower grill and the chimney vent on top.
Attached Thumbnails
1461229_572546572793874_1526833239_n.jpg   1425702_572972386084626_13444204_n.jpg  

Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp 16 and Refrigerator questions

Top picture has the small fridge curbside; therefore it must be a side dinette model. It looks like I can just make out a large front window, indicating layout 7.

Bottom picture has the large fridge. Since it also has a large front window, HW heater, and slinky stinky hose holder, it's probably layout 4.

Curious where this line of questioning is going…?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #5

Michigan
Just trying to verify the connection the roof chimney with the large refrigerator, that's all. Not trying to solve world peace or find the cure for cancer.

Just something I noticed and wondered about, that's all. It is logical to consider a larger refrigerator generates more heat and must be vented differently.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Just trying to verify the connection the roof chimney with the large refrigerator, that's all. ..

Just something I noticed and wondered about, that's all. It is logical to consider a larger refrigerator generates more heat and must be vented differently.
Consider it confirmed.

I don't know if it HAS to be done this way but the more direct route for the airflow, the better.

Remember that the larger fridge (RM2410) does NOT run off 12 volts, only 120 volts AC and Propane. It is supposed to keep colder longer than the smaller fridge. My limited experience is that this depends how how full it it. If you have enough mass inside then it stays cold for the typical daily drive, but if near empty and/or its a hot day, then it will warm faster.

Also the RM2410 has a small freezer section that actually keeps a small amount of food pretty well frozen, which was a bit of a surprise to me.

Lastly I was not sure at first if the RM2410 required 12 volts for the controls as some of the fridges do, but apparently not. It seems to run fine on propane even with no battery or shore power on my Scamp. Thats a good thing. (Although I am not 100% that the thermostat still functions).

Check out MY PHOTOS of the RM2410 in a Scamp 16 Layout 4.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #7

Michigan
Fantastic. Thank you very much Gordon. Loved the photos. Liked to have seen the opposite side, the street side of the coach as well. What floor plan?

Anyhow, thank you very, very much. Quite helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Fantastic. Thank you very much Gordon. Loved the photos. Liked to have seen the opposite side, the street side of the coach as well. What floor plan?
A few more pics at HERE but I don't know how helpful they will be since all the cushions and such have been removed for winter storage.

Layout 4 with upgraded fridge
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, scamp