Scamp 19 Front Jacks - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

Name: J
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Scamp 19 Front Jacks

At the tail end of my recent cross country trip the front jacks on my '01 Scamp 19 started having issues. A motor was added at some point but the jacks themselves are the originals and the left one will extend but will not retract. I am looking for information about what I might find when I tear it apart before I open it up. Does anyone have any information about them?

JBjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
I think Scamp is probably using the same mechanical parts now and they should give you a lead to how to find replacement parts for your 2001 vintage. I am waiting for the same thing to happen to mine, but so far so good. I inspected the bevel gears once, sprayed some lube on them and tried to spray some down into the tubes, assuming that there must be a nut and a screw raising and lowering them. All of that stuff is exposed to road dust, resulting in wear and tear during use.

If you call Scamp, let us know what you find. They might even be able to send you the necessary parts. I do not think they show those on their list of spare parts, but it is worth a try. They are a helpful lot.

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, 2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
Registry
probably easiest to replace them with BAL jacks, powered or unpowered as you see fit.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp