Scamp 5th wheel tripod connection - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Name: Gerald
Trailer: Ulta 5th Wheel
AZ
Scamp 5th wheel tripod connection

Hello everyone we recently purchased a tripod for our Scamp 5th wheel but with a 2 inch ball not sure how to connect it. We also bought what Camping World called a goose neck adapter and it isn't correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are just trying to make our 5th wheel a little more stable when set up.
jvhretiredatcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvhretiredatcs View Post
Hello everyone we recently purchased a tripod for our Scamp 5th wheel but with a 2 inch ball not sure how to connect it. We also bought what Camping World called a goose neck adapter and it isn't correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are just trying to make our 5th wheel a little more stable when set up.
I use a tripod with our Scamp. Mine has a 2 5/16” ball. I simply place it under the coupler. It works just fine that way.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #3

Name: Gerald
Trailer: Ulta 5th Wheel
AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis mn View Post
I use a tripod with our Scamp. Mine has a 2 5/16” ball. I simply place it under the coupler. It works just fine that way.
Thanks Dennis but which tripod did you use? We bought the BAL Fastjack and it has a flat surface so it wouldn't connect to the hitch, thus no stabilization. When we talked to Camping World they said you need the goose neck adapter which as we just found out is incorrect.
jvhretiredatcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #4

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvhretiredatcs View Post
Thanks Dennis but which tripod did you use? We bought the BAL Fastjack and it has a flat surface so it wouldn't connect to the hitch, thus no stabilization. When we talked to Camping World they said you need the goose neck adapter which as we just found out is incorrect.
I have no idea what the brand is. I did a search on Amazon for gooseneck tripods, and bought what popped up. I was going to have my son turn down the ball to 2”, but it works, so I haven’t bothered.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #5

Name: Debra
Trailer: Currently shopping
Arizona
I just purchased a Scamp 5th that came with 2 hitches that did not work with my truck. I called Scamp and purchased their hitch made for this trailer. It was $595 and was delivered in 6 days. It is adjustable and can easily be removed to free up truck bed space when not in use. I have Nissan Frontier 2013
GreenGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #6

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
We use the Ultra Fab Gooseneck Tripod from Amazon, shown here.

Tags
scamp