Scamp Bed Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
My wife and I are about to head out on our first camping adventure with our 13' Scamp. Is anything supposed to fill the two triangular voids on either side of the table when it's down in the bed position? I see evidence of something sitting in this area, but don't have anything to fit here. This leaves two unsupported areas under the edge of the mattress. Is this normal, or is something missing? I could call Scamp tomorrow, but this forum is a lot more fun!

Thanks,
Parker

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
I could call Scamp tomorrow, but this forum is a lot more fun!
I don't own a Scamp myself, but I have seen pictures that made me think this is normal.

I'm sure a Scamp 13' Owner will chime in shortly...
Old 11-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
My wife and I are about to head out on our first camping adventure with our 13' Scamp. Is anything supposed to fill the two triangular voids on either side of the table when it's down in the bed position? I see evidence of something sitting in this area, but don't have anything to fit here. This leaves two unsupported areas under the edge of the mattress. Is this normal, or is something missing? I could call Scamp tomorrow, but this forum is a lot more fun!

Thanks,
Parker
We found it a small problem. I fixed it by letting the wife sleep on the side, but that didn't work too well for very long. I had a small piece of 1/8" plywood laying around in the shop. I cut two pieces that each is large enough to fit over the holes. Since they're not very big the 1/8" is plenty strong enough and not thick enough to cause any discomfort by creating a bump. We also store then on top of the bench storage covers.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Byron,

Now that I understand that this is normal for the Scamp, I'll do the same and cut a thin piece of plywood to span that entire area. We bought the trailer used and I thought maybe there was factory piece that we didn't get with it.

Thanks,
Parker

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Byron,

Now that I understand that this is normal for the Scamp, I'll do the same and cut a thin piece of plywood to span that entire area. We bought the trailer used and I thought maybe there was factory piece that we didn't get with it.

Thanks,
Parker
I just checked and I actually used 1/4".

That's way they come from the factory, at least that's the way mine came. I purchased it new two years ago. Wow, 2 years already!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
If you cut a 1" x 6" board to fit from one bench to the other and place it at the wall, it will move the table ahead enough to support the cushions. It also comes in handy as a shelf under the table when the bed is made up.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
If you cut a 1" x 6" board to fit from one bench to the other and place it at the wall, it will move the table ahead enough to support the cushions. It also comes in handy as a shelf under the table when the bed is made up.
Good idea except, the Scamp table is fastened to the rear wall with a set of brackets that if the table was moved 6" away from the wall the wall end would have all the weight on the brackets instead of the benches.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #8

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp
Quote:

Thanks,
Parker
I, also, simply cut a small piece of 1/4 plywood. Notched R and L side about 1 inch to extend the support (toward center) somewhat. Additonally, Used a small (3 in.) piece of velcro on R and L side so it doesn't slide out of position. It stores easily under seat cushions.
Jeff
jhornsby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp