Scamp (curved) front & rear window seal, Help - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Name: Eddie
Trailer: Casita Indy.
Has any one purchased Scamp front and rear window seal material from Trim-Lok? I would like to verify seal size and P/N's before purchase if possible. Also has anyone used the seals with the built in Lok? The best I can determine is the window is 1/4" and the body size is 1/16". Seal P/N LK-1035 and the Lok P/N is LK-937. Can anyone verify my information?
Thanks Eddie

Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Sorry can't help you. I bought from Scamp, the gasket is $2 a foot (1" wide x 5/8" thick) and the lockstrip 40 cents a foot.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I don't know the exact sizes either.

I'm going to toss these links in for potential future searchers though, if you don't mind.

C. R. Laurence makes the self-sealing weatherstrip in a lot of sizes, both one-piece and two-piece with locking strip (plus they have tools). They show a lot of profiles and measurements for the various body and "glass" thicknesses.

Two-piece main portion:

Two-piece lockstrip:

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I purchased mine directly from Scamp including new plexi windows. Just told them my year and they had me go do some measurements of the windows and sent it right out, so not sure of any part #'s. Scamp's prices were very fair for it.

The trim lok tool is kind of difficult to find and I wouldn't recommend doing it without the tool. Scamp guy told me same thing. You'll learn how to do it by the second window... In fact, after doing both windows myself, if you have an auto glass shop that knows how to do it, it would be well worth it.
Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Name: Brandy
A friend here in town had a glass company replace her's.. $60 per window for plexiglass and install. Call around some projects are worth paying for.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote