Scamp front floor replacement couch removal - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #29
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
When trying to solve a problem it always helps to channel your inner redneck. And have a good supply of C clamps.
True that! Although I prefer big throat vise grips myself. Oh, and drywall screws. Lots and lots of drywall screws.

Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #30
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Bottom door brace seems solid and door once again aligns properly (or close enough).

Front frame is wire brushed and painted, wood floor piece is cut and resin coated to dry overnight.

Found that inside of front frame riser probably had ensolite on it at some point, had been removed then painted, remnants of the foam gave paint job a textured surface . Wire brushed all that off and re-painted.

Floor should go in in the morning. Now it's a shower and a well deserved bed!

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #31
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Top picture is repaired door base support.

Middle picture is frame painted and ready.

Bottom picture is wood floor with block between wall and new wood with second block propping floor up. This is so I could put bead of construction adhesive on trailer frame to seal out water and access the wall to put fiberglass resin on at the same time.

Construction adhesive has a longer pot life than the fiberglass resin, I had everything ready to go. Drill for pilot screw holes, Drill to drive the screws into the frame, weights to hold the floor down.

If I had it to do again I would put the construction adhesive on the frame before adding the catalyst to the resin. Had to work pretty fast to get it all done before the resin started to set up.

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote