Scamp Grey tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Fulltimer West of the Rockies
Scamp Grey tank

My 98 Scamp doesn't have the optional Grey tank. I was thinking of using a couple of those collapsible water cubes. Just have to make sure I mark them so I don't get confused and use them for fresh. What does everyone else use ?
Thanks Bob
bobflhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflhtc View Post
My 98 Scamp doesn't have the optional Grey tank. I was thinking of using a couple of those collapsible water cubes. Just have to make sure I mark them so I don't get confused and use them for fresh. What does everyone else use ?
Thanks Bob
You can buy the tank from Scamp and purchase the outlet piping and valve for only another $35.
If you presently have the garden hose drain on the side of the trailer and only have a sink to drain... Try this...
I installed a new 5 gal. blue (kerosene) tank just aft of the sink under the port bench. I then cut the drain line from the sink and converted the pourspout on the tank into the inlet from the sink drain. The vent on the tank was used to create a vent with a piece of tygon tubing run from the vent through a small hole in the floor. I then installed a bulkhead fitting at the bottom of the tank which i ran through an inline ballvalve under the sink the out through the side of the trailer by connecting it to the existing garden hose drain fixture on the outside of the trailer.
I then cut twenty feet from an old garden hose retaining the fitting which would attach to the trailer drain, leaving the cut end to fit into the sewer drain. The end was cut to make sure that the sewer hose was used for no other purpose.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I have a grey water tank but I have a small Smart Tote for draining off my grey or black water tanks as needed. I like it has wheels & comes with a short slinky and garden hose so I dont need to dig out the full sized ones to use the tote.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We have used a big oil bottle we got from a restaurant. For a smaller tank we use a large laundry soap bottle. I can fit the laundry soap bottle under the sink inside and switch between two hoses if I need to dispose of water where I can't have a jug outside. I would love a grey water tank under the Scamp.

Last week long trip we didn't even use the sink, so I doubt we will ever put on a real tank.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Bob
I just bought a gray water tank from Scamp with fittings. Shipping to the east coast was $85.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp