Scamp/Hehr door window won't drain? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #1

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Scamp/Hehr door window won't drain?

The window on my 01 Scamp 13' doors does not drain and has constant water build up. All my other windows seem to drain fine. I've tried poking wire up from drain holes to no effect. I can't see anywhere for the water to go on the inside, no holes? How/where does the water get to the outside drain slots? My instinct is to start taking it apart until the solution is apparent, but with a sealed window, having some idea what I'm doing first might save some trouble up in rainy Vancouver.

I can't be the only person to have this issue, but didn't see any relevant search results this morning. So if there's an existing thread on the topic, feel free to point me too it and scold me for doing a lazy search.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I have the jalousie version so this might not be the same. Directly inside from the outside drain slots are metal covers over the inside drain channel. Basically you need to follow the channel inside and it will be covered where the exit is. I run a wire under these covers to clean them. Hope this is helpful, Raz
Attached Thumbnails
image-2750207146.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #3

British Columbia
Hmmm... I'll have to compare that pic to my window when I get back to the trailer.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

British Columbia
I don't recall any cover, there's two "channels" as I recall from repeated soaking up of standing water with a towel needed every few days.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Raz

If my trailer is not level I get a little puddle on the low end beyond the drain slot due to seepage around the jalousie panes or condensation. A sponge works wonders. Raz
Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #6

British Columbia
My Hehr widow does look different. No cover or anything removable that I can see. There's a ridge down the middle of it. I just do not see how water would drain out. Other than the slot on the outside I see no evidence of a drain. Was wondering if perhaps the small "door" size windows don't drain?

Guess I could always call Scamp/Hehr.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Raz

My solution would be to blow compressed air through the slot from the outside and see where things pop up inside. You can buy a can of compressed air at Radio Shack if you don't have a compressor. Raz
Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #8

British Columbia
That's something to try!