Scamp hinges - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Scamp hinges

Having had to virtually destroy the hinges on my 72 Boler to get them off prior to major restoration I ordered a pair of Scania hinges. I notice that the old hinges had a 1;and 2 on them indicating placement but the Scamos have no numbers on them and look identical to each other. Anyone else done this and does it matter that they are the same size. Thanks for any help you can give mw
Comox John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

Name: dust in
Trailer: Boler Trailer
British Columbia
did you ever resolve your issue with the hinges...Also the fact there was 1 and 2 did you find out if 1 meant top and 2 bottom?
dust-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hi dust-in. No, I never did resole this hinge issue. I still dont understand how two hinges (Scamp) which ate identical can ever properly hinge a door which was originally hung with two different hinges and I dont know which Boler hinge 1 or 2 went on top. Any help yoy can give would be most appreciated
Comox John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #4

British Columbia
hinges

Hello there.....yesterday when I sent that message I to was in a little bit of a flux with hinges on my Boler...I had taken the door to refinish off and decided to get new bolts , brass ball etc. from Ian . Any way come time to attach the door again after it being off all winter I was noticing that the door did not fit as I had thought after I put new gear together (hinges) so I fiddled with the hinges ...I had made note that the hinge had number 1 and 2 and I believe that I kept that in mind . 1 was on top and there is only really one way to put it all together once you do this...any way long story short I attached the door to trailer and with out getting to much in a flap over it fitting perfect every where was somewhat impracticable thought as its a 1973 built Boler...a lot has gone on with it I am sure over the years and well after thinking a little harder back a few years when I bought the trailer I don't think the door was perfect back then either. So I think it is what it is. The door fits almost OK and I just have to try to make adjustments where I can at this time for now...as I want to get on the road....So my friend 1 goes on top....phew long winded
Old 05-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-in View Post
..... so I fiddled with the hinges ...I had made note that the hinge had number 1 and 2 and I believe that I kept that in mind . 1 was on top and there is only really one way to put it all together once you do this...any way long story short I attached the door to trailer and with out getting to much in a flap over it fitting perfect every where was somewhat impracticable thought as its a 1973 built Boler...a lot has gone on with it I am sure over the years and well after thinking a little harder back a few years when I bought the trailer I don't think the door was perfect back then either. So I think it is what it is. The door fits almost OK and I just have to try to make adjustments where I can at this time for now...as I want to get on the road....So my friend 1 goes on top....phew long winded

Interesting. Because Ian Giles says the number 1 hinge goes on the bottom and number 2 is the top.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #6

British Columbia
Hi Donna, interesting regarding 1 and 2 and where they are supposed to go....Donna where did you see this info regarding #1 at Bottom. If you could direct me to Ian's info on this ....I failed to find any info looking at his sight but would appreciate it if you locate this and then I could see it for my self....Thankyou Donna
Old 05-26-2019, 09:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-in View Post
Hi Donna, interesting regarding 1 and 2 and where they are supposed to go....Donna where did you see this info regarding #1 at Bottom. If you could direct me to Ian's info on this ....I failed to find any info looking at his sight but would appreciate it if you locate this and then I could see it for my self....Thankyou Donna
Here: Mounting Scamp Hinges on your Boler - Boler.ca
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp