Scamp Interior Asthetics Questions-Help - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
Scamp Interior Asthetics Questions-Help

OK, I am doing some work sprucing up the interior of my little 1980 scamp and there are two things I am looking for some feedback on.

1) Between the door and the front bunk fiberglass, there is a gap, maybe 1/2" in some areas. The PO used silicon Caulk in there (and it actually looked pretty good). I removed the Caulk to make it "better".

Question: is there anything I can really do (structurally or otherwise) to make it look/function better. Other than just re-caulking?

2) The wires running to the 120V lamp above the sink are unsightly, the PO put white tape over them (as you can see in the pictures), how is this light typically wired in?

3) I want to put an exterior light on the outside near the door , since all electrical is on the "opposite side" of the trailer, what is the best way to get some 12V wiring over there. i could run 1/2 " pvc under the trailer, or do I just run wires under the dinette (following the fresh water line) and do it that way. any other suggestions are appreciated as well.

I also want to run LP to that side to place a valve for a small flat heater to go under the closet door

Thanks. Jimbo
Attached Thumbnails
scamp door gap.jpg   scamp wiring.jpg  

Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
Name: Eddie
Trailer: Scamp 16DX
1. Scamp installs a narrow wall there for a screen door.
2. These are 12 volt wires. Fuse, hot glue them to the shell. All this can all be covered with ALEX and painted. (I am not recommend this but I have seen it done.)
3. Get some jacketed 14-2 stranded wire Black & White conductor. Run around the back of the trailer under the benches and tie into the 12 VDC line going to the upper cabinet.
4. If you add any more 12 VDC circuits get a converter or a blue seas 6 position fuse panel.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote