Scamp Screen Door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Thumbs up

Hi, I have seen photos of the screen door that scamp offers. I have just about figured how to copy it, though I am looking for a picture to be able to build it.
I need to see how they installed the pins that go into the screen frame and then slide along the bi-fold track. The screen framing seems too narrow to hold the pins. Could any one help? Maybe a photo? or a talk thru, any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 13 ft Boler (built in Earlton
Registry
Quote:
Hi, I have seen photos of the screen door that scamp offers. I have just about figured how to copy it, though I am looking for a picture to be able to build it.
I need to see how they installed the pins that go into the screen frame and then slide along the bi-fold track. The screen framing seems too narrow to hold the pins. Could any one help? Maybe a photo? or a talk thru, any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks
Have you thought of using nylon button things that go on with one screw .
Perry Mac Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Some info. here http://www.antitomato.com/trailer/screendoor.cfm
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&id=14276
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #4

thanks kevin, for the info, I guess I could just usre the piano hinge, I just thought the bi-fold track on top would 1) stiffen the unit up and also be a good means to finish off and keep bugs out without having some funky foam tape esxposed. Then I was thinking, maybe the scamp screen door does not even have that track on top? Thanks for the help, The wooden door looks great, but I like the idea of the folding door, because when I finally figure out how to get a screen room attached and made I figure I may just leave the door open to enable ease back and forth
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

These are interesting and they do take orders for custom sizes:

http://www.bugoffscreen.com/

I don't know if they make custom screens small enough to fit our eggs.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00927.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	27817

I had these and thought I'd pass along.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00935.JPG  
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Attached is a PDF that shows all kinds of stuff, measurements (be sure to measure your own doorway!) and Maggi O's info on how to make the bi-fold
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ScreenDoor.pdf (297.0 KB, 477 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Attached is a PDF that shows all kinds of stuff, measurements (be sure to measure your own doorway!) and Maggi O's info on how to make the bi-fold
Thanks Miss Donna, that info was pretty good. You stated that you had a stock scamp door, does you door have a bifold track on top, and does the screen frames have pins that slide in the track? Also , maybe you could help me, I tried to search, for the scamp screen door installation instructions, I thought I read them here? If I remember correctly, it showed all the parts that came with the screen door. thanks Suger D. McAllen
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks Miss Donna, that info was pretty good. You stated that you had a stock scamp door, does you door have a bifold track on top, and does the screen frames have pins that slide in the track? Also , maybe you could help me, I tried to search, for the scamp screen door installation instructions, I thought I read them here? If I remember correctly, it showed all the parts that came with the screen door. thanks Suger D. McAllen
Scamp mounts the screen door using "Johnson Hardware." The top of the bi-fold has an area where one pivot point is anchored, the other at the bottom. There is a top track at the top of the door frame and another portion of the Johnson hardware is mounted there and the top "pivot" fits into this piece.

I'd take a picture, but I removed all the Johnson hardware (it was worn out) and now use three 4" piano hinges.

I vaguely remember the post you're talking about, seems to me the screen door was for sale on e-bay. I'll see if I can find it and will post back here.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #10

Quote:
I vaguely remember the post you're talking about, seems to me the screen door was for sale on e-bay. I'll see if I can find it and will post back here.
Found it! Not sure how much help it will give you tho... unless you're thinking of different posting Suger?
Scamp Screen Door - For Sale on eBay
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Scamp mounts the screen door using "Johnson Hardware." The top of the bi-fold has an area where one pivot point is anchored, the other at the bottom. There is a top track at the top of the door frame and another portion of the Johnson hardware is mounted there and the top "pivot" fits into this piece.

I'd take a picture, but I removed all the Johnson hardware (it was worn out) and now use three 4" piano hinges.

Miss Donna, your the best! I must be a dinasaur or something, because the computer stuff is over my head sometimes, thanks for helping me
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Found it! Not sure how much help it will give you tho... unless you're thinking of different posting Suger?
Scamp Screen Door - For Sale on eBay

Miss Donna, this will help, I see the track and the pins! I was thinking of some other posting, it was the actual istructions that came from scamp for the door. But this will help, now its time to go to the basement and make it. Thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #13

Suger, there appears to be all kinds of Johnson hardware... this site: Johnson Hardware. com, and the fourth one down... 1700 MEDIUM-duty bi-fold hardware is the type that came with my Scamp bi-fold door from the factory. Maybe my weak description and the pictures from the site will help in the explanation?

If anyone should ever after-market order the Scamp screen door from Scamp, it sure would be nice to have the instructions (hint, hint, hint) for the Document Center... when that gets fixed!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Miss Donna, this will help, I see the track and the pins! I was thinking of some other posting, it was the actual istructions that came from scamp for the door. But this will help, now its time to go to the basement and make it. Thanks
Sugar is you still need photos of a stock screen door installed let me know and I will take a photo of mine for you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Sugar is you still need photos of a stock screen door installed let me know and I will take a photo of mine for you.
why yes Miss Carol, a photo of that would be greatly appreciated. the top, how the door hooks into the johnson track, and maybe of the header, how its attached to the scamp for a tight seal. this way if we do ever get a copy of the original installation instructions, it would be a complete set for the document center. Thank You
Old 04-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #16

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: Scamp
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Z View Post
Attachment 27817

I had these and thought I'd pass along.
Do you have any specific details how this screen door was achieved? This looks great!
wisco.scamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp