SCAMP side storage cabinets... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #15

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - The Haunted Mansion
Colorado
Registry
Here's a couple of questions -- we are rebuilding our Scamp from bare walls. Just how big are the cabinets -- how deep from the front face to the side wall? How far down do they come from the ceiling? I know the one over the back window is just above the rubber seal in most cases...

Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Ralph, I'd get the cabinets, just cuz. If you do decide you don't like them a few pop rivits, butyl tape and caps will fix you up fine. Bottom line with our eggs.....you're going to hit your head many more times just getting in or out than on a cabinet

Old 02-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #17

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Ralph, when some have had that problem, they went to a kids store and bought rubber pieces to put up at those spots, so you hit them instead of your head. There are various kinds of such little rubber bump pieces in packages of several.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #18

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
I have had a prefire Scamp13D with side and rear cabinets for nearly eleven years.
I am 6'0" tall...which is 6'3" in post fire height and I haven't bumped my head on the cabinets yet.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
In any build year no matter the age of a 13' Scamp, storage can be an issue. IHMO get all the overhead cabinetry you can. You need places to put socks and paper plates! Truly, don't deny your storage options based on someone elses "issues." This will be your trailer, not theirs.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #20

Name: Ralph
Trailer: SCAMP 13
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
In any build year no matter the age of a 13' Scamp, storage can be an issue. IHMO get all the overhead cabinetry you can. You need places to put socks and paper plates! Truly, don't deny your storage options based on someone elses "issues." This will be your trailer, not theirs.
Thank you Donna! I am indeed trying to get as much storage as possible in my future 13 footer!
I am asking for opinions at this point so I can compare my thoughts with others. I take EVERYTHING and EVERYONES input and then come out with a plan of action!
So many great thoughts and ideas and opinions! I love it! This process helps me out immensely! So many things that have come out that I had not thought about beforehand! (like holes in the exterior wall if I removed the side cabinets)
Thanks to every one! And keep em coming!
Ralph
Old 02-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #21

Name: Ralph
Trailer: SCAMP 13
Kentucky
Thanks to all for your input on this! I greatly appreciate your thoughts and comments! It looks like I will be ordering the side cabinets!
I cannot get the back cabinet on the back wall due to having the roof A/C and the 3 speed fan. But I will be getting the front cabinet over the sofa area!
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #22

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Attachment 80767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy View Post
Thanks to all for your input on this! I greatly appreciate your thoughts and comments! It looks like I will be ordering the side cabinets!
I cannot get the back cabinet on the back wall due to having the roof A/C and the 3 speed fan. But I will be getting the front cabinet over the sofa area!
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Mine has a front bath with roof A/C, Fantastic Fan, TV antenna, as well as rear cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon trip 007.jpg  

Tags
scamp