scamp spiderline cracks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #1

Name: jon
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
scamp spiderline cracks

hi fiberglass rv'ers,
i know that this is a common problem. my 2004 scamp 13ft. has them. over the years i've seen a few posted recommendations. now i've decided to fix them if possible. i imagine that grinding the surface down and adding gel coat would work at least for a while, but... does anyone have a product to suggest for somehow filling the cracks???

thanks,
jon of sequim
jondsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondsw View Post
hi fiberglass rv'ers,
i know that this is a common problem. my 2004 scamp 13ft. has them. over the years i've seen a few posted recommendations. now i've decided to fix them if possible. i imagine that grinding the surface down and adding gel coat would work at least for a while, but... does anyone have a product to suggest for somehow filling the cracks???

thanks,
jon of sequim
Jon, Just head over to a marine supply store. They sell kits for repairing the gel coats on fiberglass boats. They will have everything you need including advice. Of course in Sequim, Port Angeles and especially in Port Townsend you can tap into the local knowledge of the people who repair boats for a living. That is what I did in Seattle when I needed to learn how to repair the fiberglass shell on my trailer. I got lots of useful advice including how to do major repairs as well as how to paint my shell since I had some larger patches to put into the shell. All my materials came from the marine supply stores. No RV supply stores near me, the marine stores have been my go to place to get all the project supplies.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp