Scamp table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2003, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scamp table

I feel a little intimidated even asking this question after looking at recent updates by members, but here goes:

The extra piece that makes the kitchen table into a bed fits nicely under the table when the table is in the "up" position. This is a great place to store reading and cooking books. I would like to add something to the piece that would hold the books in place while traveling so they don't slide off the front. Any ideas? We don't intend to use this as a bed. Thanks! Sue

P.S. We just returned home from a 12,000 mile trip (10,000 for the trailer) to the South and Southwest. We were on the road for 17 weeks and were as cozy as "two bugs in a rug".

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #2

Oh, a challenge. I suppose bungies are out :wak
did you put a picture of this somewhere? I have trouble visualizing.

So have you shown pictures of the trip yet? I can't imagine a trip that long.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #3

Scamp table

I have thought of something like Camping World sells for refrigerators to hold your stuff on the shelves but I haven't come up with anything satisfactory.

No I haven't done anything with pictures. Sorry, in that dept. I am a less than novice computer guru. I believe I would need a scanner or a digital camera -- neither of which I have. If we stay at home long enough, I will have to take a computer course to learn all the tricks.

There are two pieces of the table material. The largest piece is the permanent table attached to the wall and the smaller piece is only used when you put the table down to make into a bed. If you can picture that extra piece, along with the table top that makes the dinette into a bed. I put the extra piece on the support rails under the table (the table is in the up table position) positioned close to the back wall. This still leaves plenty of room for sitting on either side of the table.

We almost couldn't picture being gone that long either. Three months is a good time for a long trip.

Old 06-04-2003, 01:23 AM   #4

here is a picture of Nevin Lescher's table.

is yours something like this?

(yes, I borrowed your table Nevin, but just for a minute, and I'll give it right back.) Nevin has some great mods, if you haven't seen them, check them out. Nevin's work

Old 06-04-2003, 03:18 PM   #5

Scamp table

Yes, it is like that. Where the brace or attachments are on the back wall, and the table is sitting on the supports, this is where I set the little piece (something like what is in front of the table) that I have. Only, my table is in the up position, and the little piece is then where the back of his table is resting. Sue

Old 06-04-2003, 05:50 PM   #6

as I think on this I see the board going across in bed position having a down board on the front edge for strength when someone sits. turn it over when in the book position and it will serve as a rail to keep the books on.

now you have to keep the board in place while going down the road. a drop in pin or something? velcro?

Old 06-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #7

Sounds like a possibility. We will work on it and see what we can come up with. Thanks for the input. Sue

Old 06-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #8

Table extension

How about making a bag (sewing) with a pocket in front that hangs over the board. Magazines and books in front, and you could balance it out with bean bags on the other side. We havent done our table yet, so this is going to be something to think about when we do. We are having problems with magazines and books so far. Wonder if that would be enough weight to hold it mostly in place, or throw it around more??

Tags
scamp