Scamp Trailer upper cabinet metal supports... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Exclamation

Man are those squiggly things ugly! Do you think that I would be severely compromising the upper cabinets if I were to take those ugly metal squiggles down?? I don't plan on storing anvils in my upper cabinets- maybe some paper plates and a couple pots...
Lynn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Man are those squiggly things ugly! Do you think that I would be severely compromising the upper cabinets if I were to take those ugly metal squiggles down?? I don't plan on storing anvils in my upper cabinets- maybe some paper plates and a couple pots...
they do transfer structural support for the roof through the cabinets. There have been several mods shown on the board that people have done to eliminate the metal support bars.
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Change them to something you like. We've seen supports made of polished/varnished driftwood, framed stainglass, plexiglass, turned wood (like table legs), etc, etc. Use your imagination! This is something you can do to make the trailer uniquely your own.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Those ugly things are suposed to keep the side from collapsing outward and some had one at both ends of the counter but, our Boler had never had one right from the begining. To keep the support try adding a spice rack or make it into a towel bar. Build a frame and fill it with stained glass pannels to divide off the sleeping area. Your oppertunities are endless.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi: Gee I thought wrought iron and plaid was all the rage
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
p.s. headin' for "Emily" tommorow!!!
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Oddly enough my 16' does not have the supports?
I have spoken to Scamp about it and they offered nothing in the way of explaining why they install them sometimes and do not other times.

Kinda makes you wonder?

On the street side mine has a fiberglass part wall dividing the big dinette from the side dinette but on the sink side ,nothing.

I certainly don't know.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
On new Scamps they are white and are not nearly as objectionable to me. If yours are black try painting them white and see if they still bother you so much.

I have clothespins on them and hang wet wipes from the kitchen. Clip a small reading light on them. Be creative.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp