Scamp vs T@B - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #15
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Hmmmm.... Going to the coastal areas of the PNW in November? Be sure to pack waders. If not, disposables are available from coin machines coin in most service stations. Ditto for a life jacket to wear if you are going to go cycling. LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #16
Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Yes. It'll come off the factory line in late-April, just in time for snow melt and the opening of campgrounds in May. There is a 3-4 month backlog of orders, I think. Plenty of time for next camping season.

p.s. I have to drive to South Carolina first and then go to Minnesota the following week. I'll be road-weary by the time Portland comes into view.

herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #17
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Cool Your "advantages"

Originally Posted by Zennifer View Post
To me the advantage of a tab would be the clamshell back kitchen layout and outdoor kitchen...
I used to live and tent camp in Wisconsin.

The only "advantage" to cooking and eating outside is flies, mosquitoes, wind, dirt and various other bugs. I chose not to like these "advantages" in my food and on me.

I'll take cooking inside my Trillium anytime.
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #18
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
I read someplace that the quality of the Little Guy T@Bs is quite a bit better than the quality of the T@Bs built by the previous ownership. But if you found a preowned one built by Little Guy and the price was low enough, it could be a good buy. That way someone else took much of the depreciation hit.

On the other hand, if you can't find a bargain like that or if you prefer a new unit, Scamp is the better buy. Don't worry about service after the sale, because the FG shell is pretty much problem-free and the rest is basically standard RV components that any RV place can work on.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote