Scamp Water tank - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #15

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
The 10 gallon tank I bought for less than $40.00 has all of the outlets on the one end and it works for may installation.
Of course my installation is nothing like the original. I have it mounted in the rear compartment on the left side with the fill moved from the right to the left.
I moved it since I have all of the utilities on the left, water tank, pump, fill hose reel, battery, and charger/converter.

The difference is that the vent that comes out at the top behind the water reel. The new one has the vent on the other side and works better for me since I have since installed a separator between the tank and reel so that when the access door is open this seals off the reel and battery box to confine any critters to this area.

Perhaps this helps someone.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #16

Name: jon
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
scamp water tank

hi, just some more info for you. i bought a 2004 scamp 13. the owner had removed the water tank 12 gal, and replaced it with a big battery/charger system. he gave me the tank though. i designed a split water tank approach with 4 gallons by the fill inlet at the passenger side rear and the rest in a 10 gallon tank under the driver side seat. when i offered the 12 gallon for sale,one person told me that he checked the dimensions on mine and it was too high for the 70s scamp. part of my motivation was that i wanted to use the original fill opening. of course someone could always remove the hardware and fill it then drill out a new on somewhere else. mine works ok except that it take a longer time to fill because the tanks on both sides of the trailer have to equalize as the tanks fill. anyway, just more info for you info.
jon of sequim.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #17

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13', want another small trailer.
Oklahoma
Registry
J. D. that is a amazing set up! I know that I don't get around much...but, I've never seen a water hose reel installed in a travel trailer! Your total installation is very neat!

Thank you very much for the photos!

Jon, the water feed tube on any tank I would install can not be higher than 9-inches, as that is the height of my water inlet hose.

Years ago I installed a 30 gal water tank on one side of my motor home to match the 30 gal water tank on the other side. The only connection between the two tanks was the 3/8 inch water tube that ran under the floor. The new tank didn't have it's own fill tube.

It took a very long time for fresh water to fill the newly installed 30 gal tank!

Bill
Old 10-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #18

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
The reel has a little over 20' of hose on it. I figures I needed a place to store the hose anyway so I got a deal on two black water Macerator reels and changed one to the fresh water system. Each has an electric drive to retract the hose.The original water tank was marked 9 gallons and the new one 10 gallons.
I am working to make this a quick setup/breakdown camper thus the reels and macerator. The 3" quick dumps are still there as backup or to use the constant drain for the gray water if staying a while.
Here is the front black/gray drain hose.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #19

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Water Tank

Bill,

I have recently bought a used 13 foot Scamp. The water tank had been removed. I have a 4 gallon cube shaped tank that I had bought at Cabela's. It fits nicely under the bench and possibly would fit under your counter.

I really dislike the urinal level fill spout on the stock Scamp 13's and have sealed mine off.

The 4 gallon water cube is easy to fill and the plan is to store it in the tow vehicle during sub-freezing trips. I do cold weather camping and do not want to deal with a frozen water tank. Yes, I still use the hand pump that is self draining. I will be carrying a small container if hi concentration salt water to use as ant-freeze to purge the water line.

BobH.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #20

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13', want another small trailer.
Oklahoma
Registry
Thanks Bob for the reply!

However, I'm now trying to rid my mind of the comment you made about the fresh water "urinal height fill spout"! That's not something I wish to think about!

But, I guess that when a person camps in the woods,,,where male bears roam... you gotta think about such things!

I'd never heard about using salt water to winterize water lines. Learn something new everyday on this forum.

Bill

Tags
scamp