Scamp Water tank/pump - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Scamp Water tank/pump

Hey all, just brought home our new to us 91 Scamp 13. We towed it halfway home, stayed the night in it, then finished the trip the next day. When we got home we really started going over things, and that is when I finally realized that the water tank under the bench is MIA. That got me to thinking about the water pump. There is a switch on the cabinet under the sink that says water pump, but I'm wondering where that pump should be. Should it be in the same area as the tank, or under the sink? I didn't have a lot of time to go looking for it, but wanted to get an idea of where it is usually installed.

Next question is where should I go about getting a new water tank. It looks like the price from Scamp is pretty good, but I didn't know about the shipping prices. I would also like to get a new tank fill spout, a new city water inlet connection and a new power cable port as well. Are these other items something I should get from scamp, or would my local RV center have what I am looking for at a better price after shipping?

Thanks.
jcassady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
If you buy your pump, filter and filler from FTTRV shipping is free (>$60) and a decent price.
Fresh Water Supplies
If you buy your tank from Scamp you know it will fit (yr. specific) and you can get the fittings from them also. Scamp will also sell you the section of fill hose. The other hoses can be bought from the local Hwd. or big box store.
If you order the tank from Scamp call in your order then they can put all the stuff in the same box and that helps with their high shipping costs.
Other items: check you rivet caps. They should be changed every 4-5 years if trailer was stored outside. (Comes in a kit.) I would order a door hinge ball kit. Warning decals are also cheap if needed. Make sure you have the battery polarity decal on the trailer. Spare tire cover? Plain white covers are available from Wall mart.com pretty cheap.
It's better to place one big order with Scamp vs. placing a bunch of little orders.
Eddie
Note: Some don't like the Scamp water fill, if you go with something different make sure it will fit on the curved corner.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
The PO already had a full set of the white caps. I will be going over and start replacing any rivet that has a rusting acorn nut to start. I'm concerned the rivets are too long, but will replace one to see before I go about drilling all of them out.

As for the filler from FTTRV is that one rounded to fit on the corner of the Scamp? If so, I will probably order from there since shipping will be free.
jcassady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp