Scamp13 bed board storage, where?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Scamp13 bed board storage, where??

Question,

Other than placing it under one of the dining area seats, I am wondering where Scamp13 owners store the extra bed board during the day?
There has to be some really good ideas on this. Lets hear them.

Jack
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
We cut our "table" down, and made a new board to fill the front half.
Added a table post. Now, the board became our dinette table.
The other half stayed down and we just flipped our bedding (sleeping bag) back.
Modified the cushions to serve as seat and backrests.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #3

Massachusetts
Hi Wayne,

I am guessing that the Parkliner and the Scamp13 are somewhat different in size. Have no idea about the interior looks of the Parkliner. Could you post some pictures on what you did.

Thanks,
Jack
Old 01-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #4

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Easy. We stand it up to the left of the toilet, along with the sink cover and a cutting board. It rides quite well there and is never in the way.

Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman View Post
Question,

Other than placing it under one of the dining area seats, I am wondering where Scamp13 owners store the extra bed board during the day?
There has to be some really good ideas on this. Lets hear them.

Jack
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Hi Wayne,
I am guessing that the Parkliner and the Scamp13 are somewhat different in size. Have no idea about the interior looks of the Parkliner. Could you post some pictures on what you did.
Thanks,
Jack
No pics. that mod was done on our first Scamp 13, two trailers ago.
The Parkliner is a 15 ft, w/ side dinette and queen size bed.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:12 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I’ve seen where some people put it under the table as a little shelf between the benches against the back wall.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #7

Massachusetts
Jon,

That might work with the older smaller width beds. We have the wider bed, so that board is now wider. I would like to some how slide the extra board under the table area so that it is held in place by a couple of Z brackets that are almost the width of the table. Its somewhat bulky to maneuver.

Has anyone out there done this?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp13 bed board storage, where??

Actually it’s folks with the wider bed I’ve seen doing it. The same question came up in one of the Scamp FB groups and a number of people posted pics. But your plan seems feasible, too, as long as you place it where you won’t catch your knees on it getting in and out of the dinette.

The smaller dinette has a one-piece table, so it’s not an issue.

If it were me, I’d ditch the OEM table entirely and convert the whole thing to a U-shaped dinette with a permanent seat across the back and a smaller pedestal table in front. The rear seat creates a nice storage space underneath to store bedding during the day.

It will work with the smaller dinette, too, and if I am able to order a 16’er in a couple of years as I hope, I will have Scamp do the cushions differently to accommodate the conversion.

My list of deletes and changes is quite long and getting longer. When it comes to accommodating them, Scamp is champ!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #9

Name: silas
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 13 front sofa
California
Scamp 13 bed board storage ...where?

Underneath the front sofa cushion.
silasyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #10

Massachusetts
Hi Silas,

Since I have the bathroom up front I do not have that option. It seems so far the only options are.

1) under the seating cushions in the dining area, where I have been storing it.
2) In the bathroom against the wall to the left.

3) Figure some way to attach Z brackets to the underside of the table to store it, without causing it to limit the leg seating area that it occupies.

jack
Old 01-28-2019, 08:40 AM   #11

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
On our 13' big bed, we push it back against the rear wall of the camper. In that position we store out bedding under it. The top side we use as a daytime shelf. It is nice to have a place to store the bedding. Usually it is just Lilly and I camping, but on many occasions we have seat for adults there for meals.

BobH.
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:29 AM   #12

Massachusetts
Hi Bob,

Could you please post a picture or two showing how that looks. I am having a hard time trying to imagine how that could work out. Much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jack
Old 01-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #13

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Jack,

Our 13' Scamp is in storage and I don't have a picture that shows the extension placed at the rear of the camper with the bedding stowed under it. Remember, this a big bed model. Perhaps I can verbally explain it.

If you were to put the dinette table in position for use and place the extension at the rear camper wall resting between the two benches, it would form a shelf. (so far, all you have done is raise the table and move the bed extension rearward). Then the bedding can be folded and stored under the bed extension, the bedding is all but hidden from view.

It works for Lilly and I.

BobH.
Quote:
Hi Bob,

Could you please post a picture or two showing how that looks. I am having a hard time trying to imagine how that could work out. Much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jack
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #14

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Jack, on our 13’ Scamp with the large bed option, I ditched the original table and extra board set-up, and made a hinged table that gave us the desired small table for everyday use, and the option to expand it for when we had company. It sure made converting from table to bed a snap. To view photos, “click” on my name in our Avatar and go to our albums (one album is for our Lil Snoozy and one is for our Scamp). Best of luck.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #15

Massachusetts
Hi Bob & Dave,

Bob, Ok, I can see that, but it does limit your seating area. My dog has her sleeping bag under that area, she says "no way Jose", "that's my spot".

Dave, Thanks for the pictures. Lots of food for thought.

Tags
scamp