Screen door for 13 foot Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 72 Boler American
We would really like to add a screen door to our 13 foot Boler. Anybody have pictures of successful mods?
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
We would really like to add a screen door to our 13 foot Boler. Anybody have pictures of successful mods?
Scamp actually has a screen door for the 13'. It might work on a Boler. You can call Scamp and get dimensions and prices. Might just work.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Try a curtain rod with a simple screen curtain or mosquito netting made into a curtain. If you have a front overhead cabinet, you can use a spring tension type rod between the cabinet and the closet and just let the curtain drape in front of the doorway. This would be the simplest and least expensive method.

As always, YMMV.
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi, made a simple wood door and frame....it`s on my webshots site....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 72 Boler American
Quote:
Hi, made a simple wood door and frame....it`s on my webshots site....Benny
Looks like some nice work to get a screen door on the camper and it doesn't look it was too bad on the pocketbook. I like how you framed it in.

I'm hoping to add a screen door and add support to the sagging exterior door in the process. Any ideas???
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #6

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Howdy, Since, through making a template, it appears that the trailer body has sagged, (straightened out), somewhat in the door hinge area....this causes the bottom front of the door not to fit properly, I believe...... I would straighten the metal square tubing that supports the body at that point to conform to the curvature of the body next to the door on the latch side or even a bit more....when this piece is rescrewed back onto the body it should pull the body shape back to match the door curvature........then I would make the screen door frame and attach it to the square tube and the lower bunk structure.....this would hopefully contribute to keeping the trailer shape proper......I`m not sure if this would work to make the door fit better but some folks have rectified the door fit by reducing the arc in that square tube and reinstalling it......I bought a drape type screen door for our 17' Boler but haven`t had to use that screen curtain yet so can`t comment on that but the door on our 13' works and I made the hinge pins a slightly smaller diameter so it`s easy to pull the hinge pins and remove the door it it`s not needed.......the horizontal bars on my door are there to protect the screen when carrying stuff in and out of the trailer.....i.e. not putting elbow thru screen..... ...Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler