Screen Tent for 13ft Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #15

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Target Canopy/Screen Room

Has anyone tried the King Canopy (10'x10') from Target? It only weighs 14 lbs. and comes with solid walls, floor, large zip open windows and door. Just wondered how it compared to the Ventura of the same size from Wal Mart? The price is about the same. The Ventura weighs 50 lbs!
Thanks for any help you can offer or other ideas. I have a 13' Trillium.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We use a 12 X 12 Northern Breeze screen room by Eureka. It has 4 flaps to close it in, or roll them up to use the screens. It comes with three poles to use one flap as an awning, or buy extra poles if you want more awning sides. Last winter we spent in the south, it was our living room/dining room. We had the picnic table in it along with 2 chairs, a TV, dorm fridge, camp storage table, coffee pot & toaster, and an electric heater. Cool days we had the flaps down & heater running, warm days roll up the flaps for the screens. It has an external, aluminum pole frame, easily set up by two people once you figure out the method. Pricey though at about $400, but well worth it for us.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbinBC View Post
Has anyone tried the King Canopy (10'x10') from Target? It only weighs 14 lbs. and comes with solid walls, floor, large zip open windows and door. Just wondered how it compared to the Ventura of the same size from Wal Mart? The price is about the same. The Ventura weighs 50 lbs!
Hummm, I haven't heard of this brand and the lightweight you mentioned sounds appealing. However the King Canopy website says "Weight: 57 lbs. in the box" Where did you find the 14lb weight?

King Canopy
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I too questioned the 14 lb weight, but doing a search of "King Canopy at Target" I did find it listed at 14 lb, but doubt that is accurate. Also if that weight was correct, how sturdy would it be. We once had a cheapy screen room, and that's just what it was. Gave it away, bought a hex shape Eureka screen room that is good, but the Northern Breeze with its solid flaps is perfect for us. Weight of it is 33 lb. Has a floor option at extra cost, we use a polypropylene camping/patio mat instead.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #19

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbinBC View Post
Randy Bishop describes 3 bag awnings that have optional screen rooms
advice re: awnings for 13' Trillium

Note that the current Carefree model is metric @ 2.5 m so you will have to check your available length. You can choose from the "add a room" and breezeway screen room. The Intrawest and Dometic come in even foot lengths. Many pop up trailers have them, so don't limit your searches to the fiberglass forums if you are looking for used. Many Rockwoods used the Carefree. (Hint: Tent trailers don't seem to last as long as ours)
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #20

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Similar to that King Canopy, I have a Walmart Ozark Trail canopy that is over 6 feet at the side so fits over the top of my Campster door. I bought the hanging tent and screen walls, though I haven't used the screen walls. The canopy is very easy to set up (easier than my EZ-up by a long shot) and the hanging tent even easier (no poles, it just hangs from the canopy.) We used it in cold weather as extra living space with the hanging tent. I bought the screen walls just in case but actually rarely camp with bugs.

Tags
scamp